Time Nudge causing lag: Example: on foot vs vehicle

by MisaHayaseMacros

Original Post

Re: High time nudge and high CFT

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@2lrt8vrybenqIn device manager enable the option to show HIDDEN devices, delete/uninstall all those hidden devices.

Also an customized powerplan can be help full (no sleep / hiberbation active) , check google for ULTIMATE POWERPLAN.

Could try to boost DDR4 Mhz a bit more (+/- 300 a 500 mhz) , make sure you got a real good airflow in your pc case !!! Choose an XMP profile, 1 is the fastes/highest OC , 2 middle and profile 3 is the lowest OC !
IF ya dont got an standard fan/block at your CPU , then you could try to boost that to for +/- 200Mhz

Check the Youtube movie how to install , download and update ALL drivers.
https://youtu.be/6UpzenfVOAA
Open the web browser and enter url: https:\\www.drivereasy.com
Click at Driver Update Tool in the upper bar and select Download Free Version.
Click at the green button with the text DOWNLOAD DRIVER EASY NOW.
When tool is downloaded select the file and run.
Install Driver Easy Tool.

Some drivers updates need to reboot your system, reboot system when needed,
continue using Driver Easy untill 'ALL' drivers are updated.
This free version allows only 1 download and 1 update at once.

Message 10 of 23 (1,022 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @2lrt8vrybenq,

Thanks for providing the other DxDiag!

I couldn't really see anything suspicious, but what I could notice is that when you have your 2600X CPU in your system, you have a Page File size of 15675MB. With the 3600X CPU, it is 7145MB. That's a difference of almost 10GB!

Do you have any idea what could be causing this?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 11 of 23 (914 Views)

Re: Time Nudge foot vs vehicle

★★★ Novice
@MisaHayaseMacros I tried a game with CROSSPLAY = OFF and the time nudge issue above was gone. With CROSSPLAY = ON , it is occurring on multiple servers, and styles of gameplay.
Message 13 of 23 (964 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update on network speed. Its not a latency issue or HW issue.

Message 14 of 23 (916 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have time nudge issues, since season 3. I have perma TN spikes between 10 and 300, jumping, making the game unplayable. BF1 works fine, also other online games work fine, no lagg, no stuttering. 

Message 15 of 23 (902 Views)

What is TN and its spiking very high causing server lag

★★★★★ Apprentice

Been dealing with horrible performance since C3 launched.  One thing Ive noticed is when TN spikes and or stays high I can barely move around on the map, shooting skips etc.  What is this network variable and why is it spiking DICE.  Keep in mind I didnt have these problems until C3 was launched. 

Message 16 of 23 (883 Views)

Re: What is TN and its spiking very high causing server lag

★★ Expert
@DrOfBroScience TN = Time Nudge
At this moment a known issue with cpu usage.
What are youre system specs, post a dxdiag please !

This could help ya also:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Season-3-CPU-Issue/m-p/12088154#M37399
Message 17 of 23 (872 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Def a problem with TN and not my CPU weve been monitoring the network stats bar for 3 days ... never had any lag with this game or other problems until Chap 3

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19045) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: All Series
BIOS: 1801 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32670MB RAM
Page File: 24279MB used, 13254MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Message 18 of 23 (867 Views)

★★ Expert
@DrOfBroScience i do think there is an issue with a combo of hardware !
Do you got your mem already done OC ? also try to reserve some cores/threads for game and system !
There is a knowe issues with high cpu usage in bf2042 at this moment, will be fix some where in early december.
For now there is a workaround for you:
again this url for you !
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Season-3-CPU-Issue/m-p/12088154#M37399

i have seen people with same cpu as yours who got this issue !
BBF2042 realy got your cpu at his max, probartly with peaks that are out of bounch !!

Youi could try the workaround or just wait till the fix is released !

Cheers !
Message 19 of 23 (851 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

SOLUTION (This worked once but once BF2042 updated, it didnt work and TimeNudge at 800+ was back):

I used iobit driver booster to list out all my drivers to see if any drivers or software distributions were old. I have an intel CPU so the issues other were saying about AMD cpu's and Time Nudge did not meet my same situation. I did also update some of the intel drivers for rare HD/CPU/Memory bus items just to be sure. I also used Ccleaner's driver updater function to find more obscure drivers to update. I also used Driver Talent (which seemed to be very helpful too) to get updates.

There were a number of packages that were not updating correctly or were different sub versions of an older Visual C++ library. If you just go to Microsoft, you will not find all of these versions. This took a few *hours* to find all these packages since some are old and were quickly replaced by newer versions but once I got them installed, the time nudge went to 5-8ms

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x64 9.0.30729.6161

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.30729.6161

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable 10.0.40219

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable 10.0.40219

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) 11.0.61030

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) 11.0.61030

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) 12.0.30501

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) 12.0.30501

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) 12.0.40664

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) 12.0.40664

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x64) 14.34.31931

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x86) 14.34.31931

For good measure I also installed

Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 Refresh

OpenAL

I also updated my bluetooth drivers, wifi drivers (even though I am on LAN), and Integrated Sensor Solution driver. The Nvidia drivers were already up to date.

I was able to find some of the more rare Redistributable items in a MultiPack Visual C++ Installer 3.0 at MajorGeeks

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/multipack_visual_c_installer.html

Driver talent - https://www.drivethelife.com

CCleaner - https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

iobit - https://www.iobit.com

While is is just my guess - there may be some old network code buried deep inside that references some obscure libraries and as a work around it  uses a 2nd non-optimized library. It would be very helpful in the future versions of 2042 that they install and include all the C++ Redistributes so users don't have to go find things at random to patch your own computer, guessing which one is needed b/c some code uses some library in one rare version of C++. The 'latest version' libraries are not all inclusive, and this evenings work showed me that something in the code / driver library list is not what it seems to be. It was not as simple as 'update Microsoft' or 'auto update'. 

Message 20 of 23 (2,872 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help