AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX Nvidia 3080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32Gb
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? Multiple
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 26.11.22 18:00
Summarize your bug When playing on foot, the time nudge factor will vary from 250-1400 When firing the G-84 TGM Rocket, the time nudge drops to 10-40 When returning back to the player on foot, the time nudge jumps back up to 250-1400 The same occurs in vehicles. Outside vehicle -> Time Nudge 250-1400 Inside vehicle -> Time Nudge drops to 10-40 Return to outside vehicle -> Time Nudge 250-1400
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter a game and display network properties. Keep an eye on Latency vs Time Nudge. When moving around on foot, when the time nudge gets 250+ , equip the G-84 TGM Rocket, and fire the rocket. Watch how the time nudge drops significantly. Once returning to on foot, the time nudge factor will be much larger again 250+ I am on the East Coast, on Verizon Fios 1Gbps with on average <10ms latency to servers. I have found that if I play on servers with 70-90ms ping, the time nudge factor does not re-appear. If I use US servers, it does. Can my internet connection be too fast?
What happens when the bug occurs? When time nudge gets over 250, there is rubberbanding, warping, and action lag. Enter/exit vehicle is delayed, Shooting vs hitting targets is delayed, I often just 'die' because I was unaware of what was around me due to time nudge being over 1000. There is no way to stop time nudge or disable it. The only semi-work around is to find servers with more lag, and deal with playing on another continent vs in the US
What should be happening instead? The gameplay should be smooth with high speed internet

The time nudge function is wildly going up/down during game play, causing gameplay lag. The lag takes the place as

1. rubber banding (being in a place then going back a few steps, then forward again),
  2. input lag (pressing E to enter a vehicle, not entering, then pressing E again - only to then see yourself exiting a vehicle),
  3. aiming/shooting lag (aiming at a target and shooting and having the target walk away like the shots never occurred),
  4. instant death (due to Time Nudge going to 900+ (even 1400-2000) the player just instantly dies, due to unlagged players being able to see, aim, shoot while the time nudge person waits then appears dead on the ground

I have seen there are some areas when playing in open game play (Conquest, Rush, etc) when the player gets in a vehicle or fires the G-84 TGM Rocket, the time nudge suddenly starts doing its normal job and returns to 5-30. Once exiting the vehicle (or rocket) the time nudge high state returns. 

I have played a game with CROSSPLAY = OFF and there were *no* issues with Time Nudge. When I play games with CROSSPLAY = ON the Time Nudge >> Lag issues return/exist.

I have included screen shots of the time nudge and network settings on foot, then in a G-84 TGM Rocket to show the very different states of game play, as well as the DxDiag attachment, and a Speedtest run for network speed. 

Any ideas why Time Nudge is causing such massive delays?

Message 12 of 23 (2,294 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: High time nudge and high CFT

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

SOLUTION (This worked once but once BF2042 updated, it didnt work and TimeNudge at 800+ was back):

I used iobit driver booster to list out all my drivers to see if any drivers or software distributions were old. I have an intel CPU so the issues other were saying about AMD cpu's and Time Nudge did not meet my same situation. I did also update some of the intel drivers for rare HD/CPU/Memory bus items just to be sure. I also used Ccleaner's driver updater function to find more obscure drivers to update. I also used Driver Talent (which seemed to be very helpful too) to get updates.

There were a number of packages that were not updating correctly or were different sub versions of an older Visual C++ library. If you just go to Microsoft, you will not find all of these versions. This took a few *hours* to find all these packages since some are old and were quickly replaced by newer versions but once I got them installed, the time nudge went to 5-8ms

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x64 9.0.30729.6161

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.30729.6161

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable 10.0.40219

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable 10.0.40219

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) 11.0.61030

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) 11.0.61030

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) 12.0.30501

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) 12.0.30501

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) 12.0.40664

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) 12.0.40664

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x64) 14.34.31931

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x86) 14.34.31931

For good measure I also installed

Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 Refresh

OpenAL

I also updated my bluetooth drivers, wifi drivers (even though I am on LAN), and Integrated Sensor Solution driver. The Nvidia drivers were already up to date.

I was able to find some of the more rare Redistributable items in a MultiPack Visual C++ Installer 3.0 at MajorGeeks

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/multipack_visual_c_installer.html

Driver talent - https://www.drivethelife.com

CCleaner - https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

iobit - https://www.iobit.com

While is is just my guess - there may be some old network code buried deep inside that references some obscure libraries and as a work around it  uses a 2nd non-optimized library. It would be very helpful in the future versions of 2042 that they install and include all the C++ Redistributes so users don't have to go find things at random to patch your own computer, guessing which one is needed b/c some code uses some library in one rare version of C++. The 'latest version' libraries are not all inclusive, and this evenings work showed me that something in the code / driver library list is not what it seems to be. It was not as simple as 'update Microsoft' or 'auto update'. 

View in thread

Message 20 of 23 (2,837 Views)

All Replies

High time nudge and high CFT

★★★★ Novice

I have recently upgraded my computer from a ryzen 5 2600, to a ryzen 5 3600x, a definite upgrade in computing power. Since then, which was a few days ago, i have been getting a high time nudge and a high CFT in every single game. I also lag in menus, be that the main menu or the ESC menu. Before the upgrade, it was perfectly fine, and i was getting decent 60fps. I have lowered the settings to low, and even lowered the resolution to the minimum, and all that would happen is that I would get 200-300 fps, then high tn/cft would happen and I'd be freezing and stuttering again. It's very inconsistent in when it occurs, sometimes it's as soon as i load the game up, the menus are lagging. Sometimes I get into the game, i'm okay for a little while, and then it happens.I have updated to the current ryzen 5 3600x drivers, as well as re-downloading the gpu drivers (just in case that would help). Please help, i wanna grind out the battle pass points for the season 2 badge!

Message 1 of 23 (2,536 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I managed to fix it. It might be of use to devs, but switching back to the ryzen 5 2600, straight away, fixed the issue. I am no longer getting high CFT high TN. To others who have the same issue, and have a cpu they don't currently use, it might sound silly, but try it out, it might improve fps, even if it's objectively a lower power cpu. 

Message 2 of 23 (2,448 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @2lrt8vrybenq,

Cheers for the post.

CFT means Client Frame Time and is for the PC only. To my understanding, this indeed has something to do with your CPU or the communication between your GPU and CPU.

So in this case, I think it is actually more of an AMD driver issue for that specific CPU, rather than the CPU itself.

The world of computers is indeed strange, but I think it shouldn't be the case when you go back to a less powerful CPU, that you have better performance overall. (But of course, you never know these days... 😅)

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 3 of 23 (2,442 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's the thing @EA_Leeuw , the performance was better, but only when the high CFT/TN wasn't happening. For eg, when i tried going to lowest resolution I was getting 300 fps, until my tn/cft would spike, causing it to basically stop to 0 fps for a few seconds. With the 2600 cpu (the older one that wasn't having issues), I've now begun developing the same issue. Tried updating my drivers to the current ones, and it's still going on. Since nothing changed on my end in the few days since changing back to the old cpu, I'm guessing the issue isn't my end. If, however, it is, please do recommend on what to do to fix it. Motherboard/ cpu/gpu drivers are all up to date.Running on windows 10, 64 bit. This doesn't happen on other games either. 

Message 4 of 23 (2,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@2lrt8vrybenq  did ya reset / load optimized bios defaults after ya switched cpu ???
Did ya check if there still motherboard drivers installed from motherboard website (instead of microsoft drivers?)
Reconnect all hardware one by one to see if any hardware cause some issues (maybe by this cpu switch) , and software changes caused by cpu switch).
Recheck all, even try a windows restore before you switched those cpu's !

Message 5 of 23 (2,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@2lrt8vrybenq, I indeed have to second what @Rokebo73 is mentioning; make sure that you reset everything on your motherboard after you swap CPUs. Sadly it's not a case of being hot-swappable or plug-and-play.

Sadly it is not the case of do x or y and voilà, it's fixed. 

Also make sure that your BIOS is fully up to date. If you are changing CPU (or CPU drivers), make sure that you download them from the manufacturer's website and don't let Windows itself search for drivers.

Also, do you have XMP available on your motherboard, by any chance? That's an overclock setting for the RAM. This could potentially influence the performance as well, especially if it isn't 100% supported.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 6 of 23 (2,389 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did fully reset the motherboard each times I swapped. I also downloaded all my drivers from AMD's (makers of my cpu ), so that should be the most up to date ones. I also do have XMP available, but it's turned off, I've never used it. Turns out my ram was running at a lower clock speed than it should have when I first swapped, but when I fixed that I noticed better performance in other games, but still had the same issue in BF2042. 

I have

b450 Tomahawk Mobo,

Ryzen 5 2600x CPU,

GTX 1660 Super

16gb DDr4 Ram. 

When the game isn't expieriencing CFT/TN, it's a decent 60fps on low/mid settings, so I don't think my specs are too low.

Message 7 of 23 (2,376 Views)

Community Manager
@2lrt8vrybenq, thanks for the info.

The DxDiag that you have uploaded in your first post is the DxDiag of your system when you have the troublemaking CPU in your system, right?

If yes, could you also try to make a DxDiag of your system with the other CPU in it?

I know it's a bit much to ask maybe, but that way we can maybe compare the DxDiags to see if we can spot anything out of the ordinary.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 8 of 23 (2,368 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, that's correct. The original DxDiag was for the ryzen 5 3600x, where I was experiencing severe CFT/TN. I swapped back to my previous CPU, the ryzen 5 2600x, and for a few days it was back to what it used to be, aka no CFT/TN. However, since yesterday or so it's come back, and I'm now experiencing the issue again. I didn't change anything in those few days settings wise. I've attached my DxDiag i ran a few seconds ago, with my current CPU being the 2600x. I'm happy to help any way I can, I just want the issue fixed so I can get back to playing the end of season 2. If there's anything i can do, feel free to ask, including swapping cpus in and running different tests! Standard smile

Message 9 of 23 (2,359 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help