Tie Reaper Grim Voyage bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Galaxy s9
OS Version Current
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 244-992-429
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug During fleet battles, the Tie Reaper's unique "Grim Voyage" does not remove turn meter from the enemy capital ship if an allied ship is defeated, it only removes turn meter if an enemy ship is defeated even though the wording of the unique still reads "whenever any ship is defeated"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter fleet arena with tie reaper and lose an allied ship
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

During fleet battles, the Tie Reaper's unique "Grim Voyage" does not remove turn meter from the enemy capital ship if an allied ship is defeated, it only removes turn meter if an enemy ship is defeated even though the wording of the unique still reads "whenever any ship is defeated"

Message 1 of 15 (1,342 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Tie Reaper Grim Voyage bug

EA Live QV Team

Hi @LG_502 and thank you for the report.

We've tested this and confirmed that Turn Meter is correctly removed if a ship is defeated.

As @GladOS-013 and @Jaedelyia said, the Turn Meter removal is lowered to 15% (on the maxed ability "Grim Voyage") which might make it less noticeable than before.

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (1,555 Views)

All Replies

Two questions:
1) Did you notice the tm reduction was severely reduced? It's now 12% instead of the 35% from before the update. (Yay for stealth nerfs!)
2) Did you happen to see if it was Resisted? Just like any negative status effect, the capital ship can resist the tm reduction.

★★★★★ Novice

I jump on this trhead to say I've noticed the same issue.

But to answer your questions:

1) Yes, it is reduced. However it should still be noticeable, but it's not. Enemy Capital Ship seems completely unaffected and gain TM as usual.

2) It's not resisted simply because it CAN'T be resisted anymore. This is part of the rework. TM reduction value went from 35 to 15%, but now it's not resistible. Tooltip reads "The enemy Capital Ship loses 15% Turn Meter whenever any ship is defeated, which can't be Resisted"

Message 3 of 15 (1,283 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @LG_502 and thank you for the report.

We've tested this and confirmed that Turn Meter is correctly removed if a ship is defeated.

As @GladOS-013 and @Jaedelyia said, the Turn Meter removal is lowered to 15% (on the maxed ability "Grim Voyage") which might make it less noticeable than before.

Message 4 of 15 (1,556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi, @EA_HighCommand, thanks for popping up in this thread to clarify it. However, could I ask you to check if this is still working when Tie Reaper is called in reinforcement instead of being in the starting line-up? I know it shouldn't change anything but I just tested (and can provide a small video) where it seems that it's not the case. In the video, if the enemy Capital Ship was to lose 10 or 15% TM, I would have expected the stealthed enemy ship, already close to 100% TM to go before the capital ship. Here it's not the case. Could this only be due to regular TM gain overcoming the TM loss ?

Message 5 of 15 (1,260 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Jaedelyia and sure, we've tested it with the Tie Reaper as reinforcement as well and the behavior is the same. Turn Meter was correctly reduced once a ship got defeated.

Message 6 of 15 (1,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just recorded a battle with Reaper in my starting 3. I watched, almost frame by frame, as both my ships and the enemy ships fell. That enemy turn bar didn't budge. I get that 12% isn't a huge drop, but I sure as heck saw the almost 30% when TFP dodged. 12% should be a visible drop, and yet over 3 kills it didn't drop. If it truly is WAI, then perhaps the Reaper is relegated to the trash heap, as despite my opponent not having Reaper, and having a Executrix slightly slower than mine, he kept pace turn for turn despite having the Reaper in play for several kills.

Message 7 of 15 (1,220 Views)

★ Apprentice
I have the same basic problem except the TM reduction only works when allied ships are defeated and not when enemy ships are defeated. But, it's not 100% either way. Sometimes, both work properly. It may only be working when ships that come in as reinforcements are defeated for me. I'll have to start watching that more closely
Message 8 of 15 (1,165 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its not working, there are many threads on this (here and here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8tu88v/tie_reaper_tm_reduction_bug/

Message 9 of 15 (1,096 Views)

But it IS working. Read that thread, and watch the video - commenters are agreeing that it IS working.

You can see Scimitar's turn meter jump up sigifnicantly, and the enemy capital ship jumps up slightly - because it lost 12%, and then gained a small amount more than that before the next ship's turn.

See attached picture showing the relative turn meters.  The game just doesn't show the capital ship jumping backwards and then moving forwards.  You'll only see it if the next ship is about to take its turn, so the net change in capital ship turn meter is less than 12%.  

I use TIE Reaper as my first reinforcement almost every battle, and I consistently see it happening.  People *perceive* it as not happening because it's not as significant as before.