Original Post

Accepted Solution

Tie Fighter blows up after entering the hangar

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Story mode. Mission 3. When the Tie fighter enters the Dauntless, it always blows up after a while. Even if I manage to blow up all the Rebel fighters. Watching youtube videos, it looks like a cutscene is supposed to be triggered where the character exits the Tie fighter. But the Tie fighter blows up instead. I tried this dozens of times and it's the same result every time.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 04/18/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Campaign
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play mission 3 of the Story mode. The Dauntless. Enter the Rebel ship dock. You are supposed to land. A cutscene is supposed to trigger.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of a cutscene, the Tie fighter blows up. Then you have to restart from the last check point.
What do you expect to see? A cutscene that transitions to the next part of the level.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

[edit: Removed duplicate post] - Atic

Message 1 of 94 (152,160 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Tie Fighter blows up after entering the hangar

★★★★ Novice
I just switched it to an easier difficulty and that worked, then switched it back after the cutscene. I was also told months ago in this forum that you can strafe your ship side to side (which I never tried) and that helps avoid taking damage.

View in thread

Message 40 of 94 (150,720 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @backpainnow thanks for the report and information!

You don't happen to have a video of the issue? 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 94 (152,036 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This is happening to me too. No answer?? A month since last post... Gj EA
Message 3 of 94 (151,960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is me attempting to replay it from the beginning of the mission after 20+ attempts from the checkpoint leading into the hanger. I am uninstalling and reinstalling the game to attempt to make it work. I am using an Xbox One X, and the time of the occurrence is on the file name. 

Message 4 of 94 (151,944 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @thesxxx If you take a look on the tie fighter health you can see that you get destroyed as you are taking so much damage from the AI.

/Atic 

Message 5 of 94 (151,935 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I can take a video of me attempting to do this 20 more times. Yes, I have noticed the damage, and no matter the variant of ways to attempt this, it always ends the same. I've even gotten to a point where the TIE Fighter adjusts it's position in the hanger as if to move to the next point or begin a cinematic and then it blows up without fail.

I'm quite proficient in gaming, and it's only set to "normal". If you're implying I'm missing something here, please illuminate me because this doesn't seem correct.
Message 6 of 94 (151,924 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yea, I had this too on PS4. Was not sure who or what was shooting at me that could kill me in ship so fast. I just started shooting at everything ships, ground, walls. Eventually it lands and you get out. I had to replay it twice looking for the hidden packages...so I went thru this three times overall.
Message 7 of 94 (151,892 Views)

★ Novice

You have to strafe with your ship by moving side to side with the left stick it you do it enough you can avoid some damage if you sit there like a duck your gonna get blown out of the water

Message 8 of 94 (151,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

any trick to getting through this.  just spent 90 min doing everything i could think of to get past it.  just kept blowing up.  felt like i was in groundhog day

Message 9 of 94 (150,376 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem as of August 2018, seriously what the hell.

Message 10 of 94 (150,308 Views)