Re: (Tides of War) "Self Healing" and "Hold The Fort" Assign

by JackIron410

Original Post

(Tides of War) "Self Healing" and "Hold The Fort" Assignments: Bugged - XBOX ONE

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? #57382
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06.12.18.12.51
Summarize your bug The "Tides of War" assignments are bugged heavily. The progression track to successfully complete any of the assignments, most notably the beginning assignment: Self Healing - "Restore your own health 10 times with bandages" and the last assignment to unlock the VGO: Hold The Fort "Kill 1 enemies with stationary weapons", are suffering significant bug difficulties.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to start the assignment line for week 1 of "Tides of War". Try to heal self 10 times with bandages. Try to kill 1 enemies with stationary weapons.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is 0% progress registered for the assignment line under these two particular assignments for week 1 of "Tides of War". -You can bandage yourself and there is no pop-up or progress registered under the assignment in the start menu. -You can kill an enemy with any stationary weapon (i.e. vickers, AA, 6-ponder, etc.) and there will be no indication of progression or progress registered for the last remaining assignment. - Also, if you exit out of the game after this bug occurs and rejoin, there is also a reported amount of players that have ALL progress reset!!!
What should be happening instead? The assignment line should be completed after each of the requirement fields are satisfied. Also, the progress should be registering for all assignments when viewed in the start menu and the player should be notified as the function of the pop-up progress is intended to function.

This bug exists on Xbox ONE platform as well as the others. 

The progress trackers do not keep the progress registered, they often completely reset or just fail to respond to the player's in-game completion of the requirements. 

Starting the assignment line is bugged already, because some players can't even earn progress for the first assignment of healing yourself 10 times. 

IF.... which is a strong IF... If the players can bypass the first bug and earn completion for that first assignment and the additional others proceeding it, the player will face an even bigger bug at the last assignment. 

Currently, everyone seems to be having the same issue with the last assignment in week 1: They cannot earn progress for completion of killing 1 enemies with a stationary weapon. Again, this means ANY stationary weapon will fail to meet this objective and result in 0% progress being made because the assignment will NOT track your kills. 

WARNING: If you got that far and leave the game and join at a later date, it is also reported that you will lose all progress and be stuck back at square one (the first assignment). The only known way to re-earn this progress back is by performing a complete restart of the entire console and/or restart the game several times. It took me 8 attempts of restarting to earn back all the progress up until the last bug. 

The team I am part of can report alone a total of 100+ accounts of this each with 100% of every member encountering the same issue. 

Very disappointing to my community and the entire gaming community for BFV, especially since this a timed event! 

Message 1 of 17 (5,231 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. I am trying to do the first challange. I have tried Normal healing, being a medic, using crates. Nothing works. I can't compleat the first challange when I really want to get futher into this progression. Please fix this DICE. You really need to step up. You were delaying it because of a bug, and now this bug is stopping the progression if many player that are here and playing the game.

Message 2 of 17 (5,147 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Me too but on PC, impossible to complete Hold the fort, the assignment does not indicate how many kills are needed in the description, does not track, i’ve got s few kills from stationary gun and nothing indicates any progress at all.
Message 3 of 17 (5,138 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the same issue on the PS4. Been playing for hrs and I can't get pass the 10 self heal event .

Message 4 of 17 (5,121 Views)

★ Novice
Same but on ps4
Message 5 of 17 (5,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yep exact same problem but on ps4 

Message 6 of 17 (5,102 Views)

★★★★ Novice
My Self Healing progress got stuck at 5 out of 10.
Message 7 of 17 (5,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have completed self healing yesterday, but when I started it today, it still shows up in a multiplayer match.
For all purposes I have the unlock, got the XP and it is checked off everywhere but in-game.

I did have trouble getting it to count yesterday, but I found a workaround that helped for me.

1. Go into the tides of war - overture submenu thing
2. highlight self healing

3. click/press action button

4: it will queue you into conquest

5. deploy at base as medic with a frag grenade or incendiary, throw at feet, heal yourself, repeat.

Message 8 of 17 (5,062 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. Played for a while today and yesterday and I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Message 9 of 17 (4,999 Views)

★ Apprentice

I hope they do something about it, pretty unfair that people can progress on a timed event and they don't even pause it for us people who are bugged at the first few milestones.

Message 10 of 17 (4,986 Views)