Re: Tides of War: Frail Structure Mission BUGGED

by BeyondDream8176

Original Post

Re: Tides of War missions not tracking progress - MEGA THREAD

★★★ Newbie

No progress on Snøstorm on PS4, last day and while the countdown works, this has not been fixed. 

Message 1041 of 1,056 (504 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I reckon about 70% of my attempts on all tides of war content has not worked, and hence why weeks two, three and four have not been finished owing to the tracking issue. If I failed something at work 70% of the time, I suspect my boss would sack me. 

However I have reached level 19 on the tides of war thingy, without completing the majority of the tasks that award you tides of war points - WTF - so basically I have managed to grind through normal play to nearly getting level 20. And without managing to unlock three quarters of the unlocks. 

In its current state the game is almost criminal, and maybe EA should be investigated under the sales of goods act by the EU - for failing to deliver what is in the blurb. Maybe then they would actually get serious about not only fixing the game, but also pausing the tracking stuff until it actually works. 

If this isn't fixed with the next patch, then I am defo off, and I couldn't really care less what EA/Dice publish in the future, they can shove it up their money grabbing backsides - this is daylight robbery. And I for one will vote with me feet, oh and wallet. 

Message 1042 of 1,056 (503 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Similar issue for me today; got the Grand Operations win for Iron Ore task in Tides of War and it didn't record the progress correctly. (PC, Europe)

Spent about 40 minutes or so explaining this to support (as per the suggested answer in the mega thread).  Took a while to convince them that since the bug relates to progress not being recorded correctly, that I didn't have progress recorded for it was probably a symptom of the bug and not me trying it on.  However, I now have the rifle. 

Message 1043 of 1,056 (615 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@burno2011
It means the enemies have to be in the objective area. You’re right, the wording is confusing on many assignments. LevelCapGaming did a vid about it. You’re not alone in the confusion
Message 1044 of 1,056 (608 Views)

★★ Novice
@burno2011, no it's not just you. Many things are worded in a weird ambiguous way. Take a closer look at vehicle specializations - sometimes they will say the weapon is replaced with a new one, while the new one is actually added and vice versa. Seems like they gave the task of writing the texts to someone who knew nothing about how the game really works...
Message 1045 of 1,056 (608 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

My name is Nino,

I have same issue that I can not complete the Chapter 1, Week4L Snostorm, IRON ORE Assignment Frown

I have already talked to the EA support, unfortunately, they can not give me more help. ( They want me go talk with you guys)

So is any way I can get my AG M/42 Swedish semiautomatic rifle? to sad...

Oh, by the way, my BASIC TRAINING: SUPPORT CLASS have some problem... the assignment just can not finish!

So please help me on this Frown

Thank you!

Message 1046 of 1,056 (580 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Some folks say that reporting it to EA via their help chat works, but for me and some others it didn’t. I was given the runaround and told to report it as a bug (which I thought that was what I was doing) and it sent me here. Sadly, I missed out on the weapon unlock for Snostorm. I’m sure they’ll have it available again soon and you can unlock it another way. Until then, some folks have a new one and the rest of us don’t.

Message 1047 of 1,056 (634 Views)

★ Apprentice

@LoserDestiny @BeyondDream8176
Thanks Dudes not only does this game frustrate me quite a bit. It now has me questioning my grasp of my first language. Ahhhh! What next DICE. The gift that keeps on giving. 
Message 1048 of 1,056 (619 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey @mlntb3rrycrnch I think the cc is going to be only for cosmetic ie skins etc not for weapon or atachment upgrades. At least that is what they are saying. Just read today that update patch for Jan is finished and now in the test phase so should be out in next week or so. Fingers crossed it sorts some huge amount of issues big and small so we can all start properly enjoying this game as we should be. Apparently there are 10 sections if 10 pages in this upcoming patch.which sounds promising. 

Message 1049 of 1,056 (588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey @mlntb3rrycrnch I think the cc is going to be only for cosmetic ie skins etc not for weapon or atachment upgrades. At least that is what they are saying. Just read today that update patch for Jan is finished and now in the test phase so should be out in next week or so. Fingers crossed it sorts some huge amount of issues big and small so we can all start properly enjoying this game as we should be. Apparently there are 10 sections of 10 pages in this upcoming patch.which sounds promising. 

Message 1050 of 1,056 (1,168 Views)