Thunderstorms won't turn off in Henford-on-Bagley.

by Sawchukles

Original Post

Thunderstorms won't turn off in Henford-on-Bagley.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Awesome animal hats, backyard stuff, city living, holiday celebration, island living, life of the party, outdoor retreat, season, up all night, tiny living, cats&dogs, laundry day, country kitchen, cottage living, gnome on the go, toddler stuff, kids room stuff, my first pet stuff, parenthood, nifty knitting, discover university, eco lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have house in Henford-on-Bagley, play a couple of days, set weather in game options to be rain-only. It will continue to be forecasted to thunderstorm as well as actually thunderstorming.
What happens when the bug occurs? It thunderstorms despite the game settings being set to rain only.
What do you expect to see? For it to not thunderstorm when the game options are set to rain only.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Before installing cottage living, I had never messed around with weather settings, so I'm not sure if Cottage Living caused the bug or not. I have tried using weather cheats to temporarily fix the problem, however, those haven't worked whatsoever. With Sims being scared of Thunderstorms, it is impossible to take care of farm animals when its thunderstorming multiple days in a row. I have tried changing the settings both while playing as the family and in the manage worlds screen. Restarting the game after applying changes does not help either. 

Message 1 of 4 (659 Views)

Re: Thunderstorms won't turn off in Henford-on-Bagley.

Hero
@Sawchukles How many days have passed since you changed it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (639 Views)

I found farming during a thunderstorm uncomfortable too and used the weather machine to change the weather to clear skies, which worked well enough. It doesn‘t change the forecast but changes the current weather for a while - and it malfunctions quiet often for me when not upgraded.

Message 3 of 4 (620 Views)

Hero
@Sawchukles Did you get a chance to test other hoods ? Are you still seeing them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (574 Views)