by DDWard1972

Original Post

[CoL] Chicken Coop: Throwing trash on ground instead of cans

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clean Chicken Coop
What happens when the bug occurs? When you clean Chicken Coop.
What do you expect to see? Throwing trash away in a garbage can.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

When my Sim cleans her chicken coop, she takes out the little black garbage bag, turns around, and drops the trash on the ground even though I have an outdoor trashcan right by the chicken coops for the purpose of throwing away trash. I can "Scavenge for Parts" and click on the pile to make my sim throw it away in the can, but she will initially throw the trash on the ground first. 

Also, I know it is a "cheat" or whatever, but you can get tons of upgrade parts and bits and bobbles by throwing away one chicken coop trash. My sim throws the trash on the ground, scavenges for parts, throws it in the can, rummages, throws trash on the ground, scavenges for parts, throws it away, rummages, etc. She is able to get parts and bits and bobbles about five or six times from one pile of trash. Although this is great if you want a lot of bits and pieces or upgrade parts, I don't think EA intended for your sim to get tons of useful parts from one "recyclable" pile of trash. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 11 (1,176 Views)

Re: Throwing trash on ground instead of cans

Hero
@DDWard1972 Have you tried moving the trash can ? Have you tested multiple lots to see if it's related to that specific lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,149 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Yes, I have tried moving the trash can, using different trash cans (including a dumpster from Eco Lifestyle), even removing that trash can near the chicken coops so she will use the one in the house and she still throws the trash on the ground after cleaning the coop. She cleans spoiled food from the fridge in the house just fine (although sometimes she eats and then sets her dirty plate on a coffee table instead of immediately washes it or sometimes, she eats and sits there and you have to click the plate and tell her to "clean up"). I do not have any other lots in this saved game. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,131 Views)

Hero
@DDWard1972 Which lot are you playing ? Standard house or your own ? If it's your own (or if you changed something) would you mind uploading it to the gallery and put the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I'm using the EA made house (5 something Crumplebottom) the two bed room, one bath cottage south of the marketplace and fairgrounds. (in the picture, the one with the green Plumbob across the park from the pub)

Message 5 of 11 (1,119 Views)

Hero
@DDWard1972 That's the one I'm using too. Have not had any troubles myself. Hm.

Can you send me your save then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,106 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did the bin ever get kicked? 

I have this exact issue with some of the outdoor bins, including the round metal one. Once the bin is kicked by a sim outside of the household I don't have the clean up interaction.
If I move them in build/buy they do go upright but are no longer usable for anything, including trash from the chicken coop. I need to replace the bin to fix it. 

The wheelie bin does seem to function properly, even when kicked by any sim. 

Message 7 of 11 (1,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Rensdesim no, no one kicks them. The can works but I have to tell my sim to actually throw away the trash that she just drops on the ground.

@crinrict  How do I do that?

Message 8 of 11 (1,088 Views)

Hero
@DDWard1972 Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/7368675#M181741

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (1,076 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, latest development is if I have an "outside" can, she throws the trash away but can't rummage for bits and bobbles. If I use an "inside" can (like a kitchen can) she throws trash on the ground and can scavenge for parts and throw away and rummage. 

Message 10 of 11 (1,015 Views)