by scuba75

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Thermal Detonator kills bounty target = no payout

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 6
OS Version 11.3.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug When a thermal detonator kills the first attacking enemy in a Boba Fett-led squad, the bounty target dies but no payout is received.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Setup a battle where a thermal detonator exploding kills the bounty target. No BHs receive payouts in this case.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I had Boba Fett as my leader, which means the Bounty target is the first enemy to take a turn.  I was attempting the Probe Droid bounty.  In wave #1, the Recon Stormtrooper took the first turn.  I placed Thermal Detonators on all enemies via Zam.  2 turns later, the thermal detonator on the Recon Stormtrooper exploded and he died.  

None of my BHs received a payout for the death of that Stormtrooper, and since Fett's bounty is static, no new target was created.  This meant I could not complete a bounty in this wave.  Since those thermal detonators were sourced from a BH, they should count towards completing a bounty.  

Accepted Solution

Re: Thermal Detonator kills bounty target = no payout

Community Manager (retired)
Thanks for the report guys. We've now flagged this as a bug.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (773 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Similar issue happened in phase 2 of HAAT. the gun respawns each time with the target icon, but it doesn't count when destroyed toward the contract. 

Message 2 of 7 (621 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Thanks for the report guys. We've now flagged this as a bug.
Message 3 of 7 (774 Views)

★ Guide

It is because of the way TD's work. Same thing will actually happen with DoT's. 

The damage from a TD/DOT/Burning/Plague/Expose (only TD, expos and DoT are relevant here) is the character with that debuff doing the damage to themselves, this is one of the reasons you never see this damage in a raid score calculation. So if a character dies from this damage it is actually the character killing themselves. Which for a contract won't count. Guess this slipped by in their testing.

Message 4 of 7 (584 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue when "Continuous Damage" debuff inflicted by Boba from his "Death From Above" skill kills the bounty target.

Message 5 of 7 (468 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Don’t know what’s being done about this yet since the original post was in April and it’s almost Thanksgiving, but this just happened to me today in Territory Wars. Full bounty hunter squad, Boba lead, with Zam and Greedo throwing detonators. I attacked a JTR team and had them on the ropes. The opponent Rey was one hit away from death and fulfilling the contract. She got killed by a thermal, and I lost the payouts and the match. This is more than annoying, this is costing banners.

Message 6 of 7 (429 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried to post this in my own forum. 
I can confirm bug hasn't been fixed yet. Are they still working on it?

With arena its the same thing. With Boba Lead sometimes I'll land too many bombs on the target that went first and before I know it, they're dead, I don't get my payout, and worse still, the target doesn't switch. 
I still think the payout should just activate cause they probably have coding in the game that allows the game to understand what type of character the bomb was thrown by, to prevent the payout from activating if, say, the Bounty Hunter target died by a thermal detonator thrown by Jawa Engineer or something.

It is still, however, the most annoying thing that can happen to me if I'm facing a CLS team with han and chewie and the bombs end up killing han before I can touch him and the remain bounty hunters I have on the field don't have that extra push to force their way through the Luke wall. 

All I'd like to know is that this bug hasn't been forgotten. 

Message 7 of 7 (383 Views)