There is a new client available

by birisMan

Original Post

Re: There is a new client available

★★★ Novice
@EnigmaPotatoes Unfortunately it doesn't work. I change my language to portuguese , install the game from the store, start the game, everything is fine. After I change my language back to english, the game continues to warn me there is a new client available.
Message 11 of 23 (402 Views)

★★★ Novice

As it has been already reported, this doesn't work

Message 12 of 23 (381 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'd like to add that the recent hotfix also did not work for me.

Message 13 of 23 (368 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EnigmaPotatoesThat DOES NOT WORK.

If your device language is different from your country the game keeps asking for an update.

Playing in Spanish SUCKS big time, I mean... Bad Batch has been translated to "Remesa Mala"... is so cringe that I cannot even look at it.

Message 14 of 23 (362 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EnigmaPotatoes didn't work this, you have to play in your language
Message 15 of 23 (338 Views)

★★★★ Novice

FYI

Issue still happening.

This is now beyond embarrassing... what a mess.

Message 16 of 23 (320 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Day 4 after the update, issue still happening.

P.S. If I have to see the horrible spanish translations every morning when I load the game to use energy before going to work you will see my posts. Is the least I can do.

Message 17 of 23 (297 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here. Everyday I have to see my game so poorly translated to Portuguese, I admit it makes want to quit this game. Please fix this. I'm constantly changing my OS language every time I have to start this game, and change it back as soon as I leave the game. It's been frustrating playing with the horrible translations (it's not even in Portuguese, it's Brazilian). Really, does it take so long to revert the game behavior back to where it was before this update? Are you working on fixing this, or are you comfortable that people have an ugly workaround?

Message 18 of 23 (283 Views)

★★★ Novice

"Further investigation needed"
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/247649/hotfix-07-30-2021#latest

I hope they are really taking a look at this and we have soon a real fix for this

Message 19 of 23 (264 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Another day another post, issue still happening.

I don't understand why the game would check the country (probably done by IP address) and force people to run in whatever language you have set up for that country.

If my device is in a game supported language (i.e. english whilst being in Spain) the game should load in that language, imagine a tourist on holidays, does that person need to change their mobile phone language so they can play the game? Ridiculous.

If the device is not in a game supported language (i.e. catalan or any other minor language) load the game in english. I struggle to understand how this is so difficult to program that is taking you days; the only thing I can guess is that this bug has a low priority and is not even being worked on at the moment.

Message 20 of 23 (243 Views)