There is a new client available

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
OS Version 11
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 461-672-677
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug There is a new client available. Being forced to change my SO android language.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Portugal

Every time I start the game, I get a message saying: "There is a new client available". Restarting the game, uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't work. I know for other people experience that changing the operative system language to my native language (I'm portuguese) works, but I don't want to be forced to change my android language to portuguese. And I don't want to play this game in portuguese, the translations are horrible, I like the game in it's native form, I don't need translations from english. Please fix this bug. I've been playing this game for more than 4 years, never had this issue. I can't play the game in portuguese, please understand this. Thanks.

Screenshot_20210729-010159_Heroes.jpg
Message 1 of 23 (1,107 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: There is a new client available

★★★★ Novice

I'm glad to inform that the game works again without having to change the device language.

Thanks.

View in thread

Message 21 of 23 (784 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue playing on pixel 4a, no update is available.

Message 2 of 23 (1,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hello there,

We have had reports from players in the past that changing your device language to match the region of the store can solve the issue for you.

For example, if your store is in Germany, change the device language to German.

Edit:

We have also brought this to the team for further investigation.

Message 3 of 23 (1,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, it seems you haven't read my post, only the subject.

Message 4 of 23 (1,031 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_UltraSlide Hello, I said that on my post, and also said that I don't want to be forced to change my SO language, and have the game in portuguese, I prefer the game in it's native language. Please fix this issue and don't force people to change their operative system language.
Message 5 of 23 (1,026 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_UltraSlide I second birisman's words, we shouldn't be forced to change the device's language, specially if this is a recurrent issue. Is there any timeline for a fix?

Also, will there be any compensation to players experiencing this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Message 6 of 23 (1,010 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_UltraSlide Yea, just tested it and it makes the game work. The game in my home language however is completely ridiculous, it's not something that I could enjoy.

Appreciate some feedback when possible.
Message 7 of 23 (1,002 Views)

★★★ Novice

As mentioned above by other players, I am experiencing the same issue. Changing the language to Spanish in my case worked but first, I don't want to play the game in Spanish because the translations are ridiculuous and second, I like having my phone language in English.

I find it ridiculous that you replied to the issue with something the OP already knew and posted in the question. I hope this bug is resolved. It would be horrible if the position taken by the devs in this matter would just be "change your phone language"

Message 8 of 23 (970 Views)

★ Novice

I share the same issue. Changing to my local language (portuguese as well, curiously) does fix but I hope the change can be reverted back to normal so I can play in english again.

Message 9 of 23 (954 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@inSiGHTZz_PT You can change language, download all the updates. Then change the language back.
Message 10 of 23 (893 Views)