The sims 4 Gardening trouble Able to only view plant

by mcjkaiser918

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 4 Gardening trouble Able to only view plant

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having trouble with gardening on lots that i travel too, The thing is its not all the time only some times, I am trying to get a clipping or harvest a couple new plants the sage and cherry to be specific the ones near the mining shaft on the landgrab lot in the oasis, when i click to harvest or get cuttings it only gives the option to view the plant.  I have done it before like with the lemon tree and other new plants that i haven't seen before it also happened on another lot the park in the oasis the same thing with just being able to view the plant. i gave ti some time to grow and came back a few days later but still the same problem i can only view the plant, for the record i am a lv 10 gardener and have the green thumb reward trait. if there's something i am doing wrong i would appreciate the help. thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (18,097 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The sims 4 Gardening trouble Able to only view plant

★★★★★ Apprentice

Plants only grow when you're in the same neighborhood as them, so if you leave and come back it won't grow while you're gone.  You just need to stay near the plant for longer.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (19,869 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Plants only grow when you're in the same neighborhood as them, so if you leave and come back it won't grow while you're gone.  You just need to stay near the plant for longer.

Message 2 of 5 (19,870 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thanks i noticed that the cherry tree i was looking at must have just been planted cause there were only a few little shrubs coming out of the ground then literally two seconds later the sage bush right next to it which was also just planted and was a tiny little shrub just sprouted into a full grown plant and i was able to take a cutting, thanks for the help and taking the time to reply which was really fast by the way i had only left that comment less than 24 hours ago. thanks again.

Message 3 of 5 (18,075 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok. So I stayed near Oakenstead and according to guides lily takes 30-something hours to grow. So, I waited patiently, and an in-game week went by, looked like the plant was fully grown but it never produced any harvestables. So, I sent my sims back home, sent them back to the lot and look! The lily is now a stump as it's entire growth has been reset, as though I had never been to the lot in the first place! It was still spring (I have my season length set to max) and the season had not changed. It just outright did not work as it was meant to.

Pretty sure wild plants are buggy, is all I'm saying.

Message 4 of 5 (14,085 Views)

Hero
Since you already made a new report for this and this is an old thread, I'm locking this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (14,083 Views)