by pastelbat88

Original Post

The needs aren't going down properly

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39.7.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living. Laundry day stuff Snowy escape Paranormal stuff Nifty knitting Jungle adventure Realm of magic Cats and dogs My first pet stuff Outdoor retreat Spooky stuff Toddler stuff Fitness stuff Dine out Movie hangout stuff Discover university Eco lifestyle Spa day Kids room stuff Vampires Backyard stuff Stranger ville Tiny living City living Get famous Get to work Get together Seasons Cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims needs going down super slow. Like through the day they barely move. They were fine one minute and now they don't move.
What do you expect to see? the needs going down at normal speed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 1 of 21 (3,023 Views)

Re: The needs aren't going down properly

Hero
@pastelbat88 For all Sims or only certain ones ? Did you give them any reward traits that may account for the behavior ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (2,989 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@pastelbat88 I think I've seen this on PS5 also. Sometimes my sims needs do not go down like they should, and are still up doing things at 3 am because they aren't tired. I play on speed 2 a lot. Have you traveled to another lot with the sim?
Message 3 of 21 (2,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict I only play as one sim but even when I removed that save and created a new sim still does it. No because I don't like using things that stop sims getting hungry or needing the toilet or sleep.

@PoptartJuniper I've moved them to different lots. Deleted the sim and started a new sim in different worlds. I keep getting the same thing

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 4 of 21 (2,943 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@pastelbat88 My sims needs would reset back to normal, but I don't remember what triggered it. It did keep happening though, so possibly is a bug.

I do shut my console completely down at night, so maybe the restarts stopped it for a little while. I'll have to keep an eye out for possible triggers when I play.

I do think this just may be a bug, since I have seen this and just thought it was a random weird thing, but perhaps others have seen this in their games also and can click the "Me Too" on the report.

Edit: Do your sims have the "High Energy Lifestyle" at all?

Message 5 of 21 (2,934 Views)

★★★ Guide

@pastelbat88 Some needs are definitely connected to their daily activities like, if you go jogging, your hygiene is likely to go down faster or Sims not getting tired as usual after they went fishing because they feel probably more relaxed. Maybe this is the case?

Message 6 of 21 (2,925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniper Mine haven't reset back to normal no matter what I do so I definitely think it is a bug they need to fix. It really puts me off playing because I like my sims to have routine but it doesn't work when their needs aren't working properly

@Japanic2012 No it's definitely not linked to that. Those kinds of things I expect. But when they have been at work all day and the sleep hasn't gone down at all or the eating and toilet needs. Those things should be going down

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 7 of 21 (2,923 Views)

★★★ Guide

@pastelbat88 That sounds strange indeed. Are you at least able to force your needs down by drinking water all day or doing physical training extensively?

Message 8 of 21 (2,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Japanic2012 I don't know. Not tried that. Will see if that still makes them go down next time I play. It is definitely a bug. I just don't know how to get anyone to fix it

@Japanic2012 Just checked and yes, I can force the needs down by doing that.

Message 9 of 21 (2,890 Views)

★★★ Guide

@pastelbat88 Has your Sim ever been to Selvadorada in Jungle Adventure and got turned into a skeleton at some point? As a skeleton, all your needs are being reset to max, some even don't decay unless you turn into human again (see SkeletonBuff01.jpg). Can you check if you are able to change cloths or interact with other Sims in a normal fashion? Usually this "curse" wears off after several hours (or several days if you are "lucky") but I believe there has been some reports (and workarounds) of the hidden skeleton buff not being removed properly even after turning back to human.

Message 10 of 21 (2,856 Views)