Re: The last update ruined the game

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

The last update ruined the game

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Zero
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know. Playing old saved games? I don't know if this bug occurs when you start a new game AFTER installing the last update, but with saved games......everything is a mess AFTER the last update
What happens when the bug occurs? Many things. for example: my sim doesn't go to work when he should. You get the alert, but he doesn't go, even if you press the "go to work" button.
What do you expect to see? The game working as it should, obviously. If I press "go to work", my sim should go to work, not stand there and do nothing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing the last game update. Before that, everything was working properly.

I couldn't compose comedies routines nor write books (even though the option was available), but after selling my computer and buying a new one (same model) I finally could.That's the solution I foind online on a forum. So other people are having the same problem......I don't want to do that with my other sims, everytime!! Frown

However, that's not the only issue . When it was time for my sim to go to work, he didn't, so I pressed the button "go to work" and nothing happened.

I didn't want to play anymore after that.

Before the last update (in november) everything was perfect >Frown 

Message 1 of 4 (1,041 Views)

Hero
@Capibara111 Could you try moving the Sim out and back in ?

You can find a thread for the books here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sim-no-longer-resumes-writing-books/td-p/6880454/

Comedy routines here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-write-comedy-routines/td-p/8447076

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks.

Another issue I forgot to mention is about "woohoo"

I ordered my sim to woohoo with other sim, they celebrated, went to the bedroom and......did nothing

I ordered my sims to woohoo again, nothing happened, so I made my sim walk next to the other, ordered them to woohoo and finally they did it.....quickly (?) I was checking another sim in the house, and one of the sims woohooing walk down the stairs before the music ended, so......I don't know.

I suppose this bug is related to the one behind my sim's not going to work Frown

Message 3 of 4 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Capibara111,

It's best to keep discussions/reports on any one issue focused to one thread. It helps us to keep track of all the information relating to those issues when we are looking into things.

The links Crin has shared above for example shares 1 thread that focuses on sims not resuming writing books and a second thread that focuses on writing issues for their sims comedy routines for you to pop into and update with your information on those and to keep an eye on for updates. It would be great if similarly, for the woohoo issue, you could check the boards for an existing thread and join in the discussion for that. If there isn't one already, please go ahead create a specific thread for discussing the woohoo issue only vs mixing it in with other issues.

I'll close this thread here in the meantime. Standard smile

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 4 (850 Views)