Original Post

Accepted Solution

The game is showing more GP than intended

★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Xiaomi Mi 8
OS Version Android 9
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The swgoh.gg and my profile's in the game is showing that my GP is 5,045,016. And in the game in the character's screen my GP is 4,784,419 which is true info. Why my profile info in the game is showing more GP than intended
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country

The link to my swgoh.gg profile:

https://swgoh.gg/p/842745354/

And see the screenshot from the character's screen: 

photo_2019-12-13_10-06-42.jpg
Message 1 of 10 (694 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The game is showing more GP than intended

Hero (Retired)

Hey @hello_world23 ,

thanks for the report!

Currently there is a bug which causes the GP (of ships) to change randomly. This is responsible for the difference in your overall GP.

The studio is aware of this Issue and working on a fix.

Hey @CrunchCrunchMunc ,

that is “only“ a visual Bug. Meaning that it only affects what is displayed on screen.

In the battle and also in the system they still have their “true“ power. Therefore you won’t change your division.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards.

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (652 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

It's important that GP on the stats page is corrected. Isn't that number used for GAC matchmaking? I don't want to jump a division because of this bug.

I purposely delayed activating some ships so I don't cross the barrier.

Message 2 of 10 (674 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @hello_world23 ,

thanks for the report!

Currently there is a bug which causes the GP (of ships) to change randomly. This is responsible for the difference in your overall GP.

The studio is aware of this Issue and working on a fix.

Hey @CrunchCrunchMunc ,

that is “only“ a visual Bug. Meaning that it only affects what is displayed on screen.

In the battle and also in the system they still have their “true“ power. Therefore you won’t change your division.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards.

Message 3 of 10 (653 Views)

★ Apprentice
@CEO_Rago thanks!
Message 4 of 10 (640 Views)

★ Apprentice

After the last server update which should have fixed the issue. It's still displays wrong number of GP

Message 5 of 10 (600 Views)

@hello_world23 The patch fixed the fluctuating GP. The stats page continues to show the biggest number you've ever achieved.

I think it would be great if they did a one time reset of the GP stats so the previous inaccuracies aren't shown anymore.

★★ Novice

Again,

This is EA's report on the error which is incorrect.  I have tracked my ship score to 2+ years.  It is currently showing 200K+ higher than I have ever achieved.  This is ether a error OR a change to ship calculation which ONLY shows up on the stats page.  We need EA to offer a better explanation.

-Stan

Message 7 of 10 (575 Views)

@SMasterS3263827 The explanation is what it is. The patch they issued last week stopped the GP fluctuation but didn't reset the Stats page. That's why the Stats page continues to show the highest value the game thought players ever had.

The stats page is strictly visual, and isn't used for anything in-game. It's not used to assign your GA Division and you can't deploy that "extra" GP in a TB.

While it would be nice for them to adjust it, given that it's strictly visual and has no gameplay implications, I assume it'll be low-priority. I could be mistaken of course.

★ Apprentice
@GladOS-013 it's not a low priority. For example, you enter GAC and see player with +200K GP due to the bug. You can't see his true GP. And many players will post here and on the forum the questions like this: I am in division 2 and see many players with 4.7M GP, is the match making broken?. It will be a big frustration among the players
Message 9 of 10 (535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agree this should be treated as a high priority. Basically as it stands swgoh.gg is rendered useless by this issue.

When recruiting players or planning TB deployments we NEED correct information. 

Message 10 of 10 (502 Views)