Re: The game crash/freeze when I enter an arena battle

by Cadaodan

Original Post

The game crash/freeze when I enter an arena battle

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Galaxy S7 edge and Galaxy S9
OS Version Android 8.0.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug The game crashes/freezes sometimes when I enter an arena battle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Europe
Country France

Since the Bossk update, my game crashes quite often when I enter a battle in arena. It usually happens every one or 2 days. It seems that the issue wasn't reproduced since a week though, even if it still happens in Sith Raid (which is not as much of an issue as it doesn't remove the battle, so I "just" have to restart over again).

There are 2 kind of appearance of this issue :
- The game crashes, and I'm back to the main screen from my android phone.
- The game freezes, and I cannot do anything but restart the game.

This is really painful, as I compete for the top5 ranks. I usually need my 5 fights to get there, and it makes me refresh for 50 crystals, which is worth it, if you get to the top, but this is really frustrating to spend these 50 crystals to compensate for a bug.

I'm sending you two screenshots, taken with a minute of interval, so you can see that the game hasn't moved during this minute.The gam

Screenshot_20180708-222703_Heroes.jpg
Screenshot_20180708-222608_Heroes.jpg
Message 1 of 8 (1,142 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Cadaodan and thank you for the report.

Looks like an issue with your internet connection is causing those freezes/crashes. Could you please ensure a strong and stable internet connection (and maybe switch between WiFi and mobile data) to prevent this from happening? Additional troubleshooting steps can be found HERE.

Message 2 of 8 (1,122 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_HighCommandThank you for the prompt reply.

As you could see on these screenshot, I was using 4G+, so I had no connection issue. Additionnally, I didn't have any issue with any other app, and could reconnect to the game very fast.

Finally, this happened in different places, always with stable connection.

The fact that it start to appear right after a client update every one or two days, while it never happened before, and at the same locations, so the same network...That's a lot of little things that do not really tend to prove that this is a connection issue.

Could you investigate further ?

Message 3 of 8 (1,107 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_HighCommandBTW, I just made a test, as I was not 100% sure how it works, but I had that feeling :

I tried to :

1 - enter an arena battle

2 - deactivate the network

3 - Did my fight without any issue

4 - At the end, I had a popup that said there is an issue with my connection

5 - Reactivate the network

6 - The fight was validated correctly.

So even with connection issue, the game should not have frozen. In my test, I won the fight, and got rewarded as intended by getting higher in ranks.

In case of this bug, I just lost one free battle.

I think it's also worth to mention that the freeze happens when I target someone at the begining of the battle, not when the battle is loading (as you can see, already 4 seconds were spent.

So this is definitely not a connection issue, but a bug.

Besides, I'd be glad if I could get a refund for the crystals I lost because of this bug.

Thank you for your help.

Message 4 of 8 (1,098 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Cadaodan and thank you for the swift reply and the additional details. That is surely helpful.

In what other places is this happening too? And one more question: The screenshot date appears to be 08.07.2018, is that correct? Do you have a more recent screenshot, or, if it is not too much to ask, a video at hand?

Message 5 of 8 (1,092 Views)

★ Novice

I have the exact same problem.. I have lost 2 battles in arena cause of the freezing.. Do something.. In tw too in the final stage..

Message 6 of 8 (1,082 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_HighCommandYou are right, these screenshots were taken at this date.

Unfortunately, I do not have other screenshots or videos. This issue does not happen all the time, and I don't always think of doing screenshots.

But apparently, I'm not the only one having this issue.

Hope you can find something

Message 7 of 8 (1,073 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Cadaodan and thank you for the confirmation.

Can you do a full reinstall and ensure it completed all downloads (leave it for an hour or so) before doing another Arena battle, to see if that fixes the issue? If it is still crashing can you note down the exact date and time, so we can look further into it? Thank you!

Message 8 of 8 (1,050 Views)