The december update messed up my game pretty BAD

by heather00001

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The december update messed up my game pretty BAD

★★★ Novice

Hi,

get prepared for all the confusion and such.

Before the update, I used the mod Pregnancy Scan, http://modthesims.info/d/540916, and the game worked fine. However, when the game patched for december, it got all messed up.

1. In the careers tab, the requirements to get a promotion doesn't make sense. For example, my sim is level 7 in start-up entrepreneur, and it asks her to reach level 2 in charisma. It was supposed to show "earn 250$ from mobile app". Not the only one.

2. The aspirations are also messed up. Some of my sims somehow skipped a stage in their aspirations while I was gone. And some stuff or missing in it. and one of them is apparently at the last stage of computer whiz and one of the req is to have acheived level 5 in tech guru, which she did. But it says she didn't.

3. *** FD3FB71C *** *** F4557D35 *** That kind of nonsense is what is written instead of words in game.

I took out the mod. I even started a new game to check if it was just saved games. Same Problems.

Message 1 of 5 (710 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The december update messed up my game pretty BAD

★★★★★ Apprentice

Heather, they reworked several of the requirements for promotions and aspirations with the patch.   For example, the "Best Selling Author" aspiration no longer requires you to "Beat Writer's Block" as part of the first milestone.  Instead it merely requires you to write for one hour while inspired.   This has caused some of the goals for jobs taken before the patch (and aspirations started before the patch) to act a little odd.

For jobs, the fix is very easy.   Simply quit the job, and then use the phone to take the same job again.  You will be rehired at the same level you were and the objectives will correctly mark themselves compelted.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (611 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Heather,

The first and second items in your list have been experienced by others and it's expected that the two issues are related to a single bug.   It's been reported and added to the list of issues.   You can read this thread for more information.

The third issue you mentioned has also been seen.  The only known way to resolve that at the moment is to uninstall the game and reinstall it.   As far as I know, you do not need to delete your save game data, so no progress should be lost.

Message 2 of 5 (677 Views)

★★★ Novice

# 3 has been solved

but #1 and #2 not yet

I read the patch notes and saw that they changed career and aspirations req to go to next level. For example, one of my sim is level 7 in career painter (master of real) and one of the req is to have level 2 in logic...... Is it normal cause if it was intentional then I have no idea where EA is going with this? If I could only know what they spicifically changed with this patch.

Message 3 of 5 (607 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Heather, they reworked several of the requirements for promotions and aspirations with the patch.   For example, the "Best Selling Author" aspiration no longer requires you to "Beat Writer's Block" as part of the first milestone.  Instead it merely requires you to write for one hour while inspired.   This has caused some of the goals for jobs taken before the patch (and aspirations started before the patch) to act a little odd.

For jobs, the fix is very easy.   Simply quit the job, and then use the phone to take the same job again.  You will be rehired at the same level you were and the objectives will correctly mark themselves compelted.

Message 4 of 5 (612 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Locking this thread now since it's solved for OP.

Please read this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/3445107/ on how to make a report in here.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (557 Views)