Re: The Sims 4 Not responding to commands

by Ezahx

Original Post

The Sims 4 Not responding to commands

★★★ Newbie

When i click on the game to make new commands, the commands wont work. Sometimes i even click pause and it wont pause. 

The game works for a few seconds only, Then I have to save the game and it works again for a few seconds. I have to save the game every few seconds for it to work.

Message 1 of 5 (6,799 Views)

★★ Novice

My problem is a bit similar though, My sims do respond to some commansa but not all of them. I cant go to the beds nor cook a meal. I can walk anywhere and socialize but  they can't live without food or sleeping :/ I just want my sims to respond to my commands -.- Oh, also, a sim of mine gets possesed as well. He starts queving something too much and it's annoying. The pictures of the queve don't show either so it's very confusing. To fix this i have to Pause the game and queve something else which he won't do after wards... 

Message 2 of 5 (6,756 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (6,747 Views)

★ Novice

i have got the same problem i have loads of mods i have removed them but still happens

Message 4 of 5 (6,739 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (6,739 Views)