by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 1.43 No Longer Usable

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.43
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration Free Stuff Pack, Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar Free Stuff Pack, Birthday Surprise Free Update Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just load the game up as you usually would, these bugs are in the latest patch.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can’t operate features like going to the lower floor in Build Mode, missing control functions such as being able to see only just a wall outline, Makeup glitch in Create A Sim as it automatically reapplies a makeup piece that I’ve removed from my character, missing control functions in other areas of the game including in the Lessons section in the Pause Menu (unable to go to next slider in the Lessons panels).
What do you expect to see? The Game to function like it should do. None of those issues weren’t even present in the March 2021 update.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Reinitialised PS4, reinstalled The Sims 4, found issues

Please update the game as it was much more functional in March 2021. The latest update patch has broken a lot of the basic functions of the game.

Message 1 of 3 (1,571 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: The Sims 4 1.43 No Longer Usable

Community Manager

@WarrenKWoodhouse Thank you for letting us know what you are experiencing.

We are aware of a few different issues as pointed out by @ChapelParalysis. I would recommend checking those threads for information and updates.

If you run into further issues be sure to check our compiled list of known issues or if not please make a new bug report on answers HQ.

Currently this is all the information we can provide due to that I will be closing this thread.

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,503 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The game has been running pretty smoothly on PS4 for me in the last couple months, so fortunately your experience isn’t universal!

Every problem you report is required to have a bug report of its own, rather than combining them into a general report.

Existing bug report and workaround fix for the issue with build mode:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/XB-PS-NEED-SAVES-Can-t-raise-or-Lower-walls-use-D-Pad-Patch-1-...

Existing bug report for the makeup issue: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PS-XB-Sim-randomly-wearing-Makeup/m-p/10205737#M178359

The Lessons section is working exactly as intended for me, I’ve just checked. I use the D-pad to scroll left and right on the slides, there’s no issue there at all. If you’re experiencing issues using your D-pad, follow the instructions for the workaround fix in the first link provided.

Message 2 of 3 (1,553 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@WarrenKWoodhouse Thank you for letting us know what you are experiencing.

We are aware of a few different issues as pointed out by @ChapelParalysis. I would recommend checking those threads for information and updates.

If you run into further issues be sure to check our compiled list of known issues or if not please make a new bug report on answers HQ.

Currently this is all the information we can provide due to that I will be closing this thread.

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 3 (1,504 Views)