Original Post

The Mandible major lag when World event is inside

★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. The Mandible World Event in freeplay
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05.06.2020
Summarize your bug I can only describe it as 56k dial up lag, when entering The Mandible during a world event I am stuck on the spot, when I try to move my health drops drastically, I run on the spot or bounce all over the walls and floor. I try to bring up the menu to fast travel but it does not work and I am stuck inside constantly needing to be repaired, if someone else joins then can repair me and can carry on with the world event, but for me I am stuck with health dropping and unable to progress. I have managed to fast travel sometimes, I fly back and enter and occasionally I can progress with it to a certain point then it kills me again.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure, perhaps try entering when a world event is happening in The Mandible.
What happens when the bug occurs? See summary
What should be happening instead? Complete the world event and collect the chest.

https://youtu.be/ZvwN6WAm_6U

https://youtu.be/fMNn76BL5Bs

Message 1 of 11 (4,409 Views)

Re: The Mandible major lag when World event is inside

★★★★ Pro
@Steph-SCO- Yes, this is a known issue with some of the mini-dungeons, but it’s not always reproducible. Next week it might be not happen to you at all. Or maybe not in that’s particular mini-dungeon.

It appears to me to be the same effect (the Ripstream) you get hit with when flying too high, except since your not flying at the entrance to that dungeon. But the Ripstream, if you manage to find one of the places out in the world where you can stand on something whilst affected by it, basically damages you javelin in the same way and also hinders you’re movement.

I’m curious, if you attempt to enter that same mini-dungeon when there is NOT a world event inside, does it still happen? I hadn’t considered that variable before.
Message 2 of 11 (4,371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ChiraaKittehI have tested that theory and it happens without a world event, but it does seem to happen everytime when a world event is in there.

Yes I figured it was like the Ripstream, just found it strange that it was happening everytime I entered during an event. I tried it on different power levels as I always play GM2 when I play without friends.

What I found very strange was if a random entered and repaired me they were able to continue and finish the event yet I could not so it appears it does not affect each player that enters.

Thanks for your reply

Message 3 of 11 (4,356 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Steph-SCO- Yeah, it’s almost like your position in-game is offset to a position where the Ripstream is active, but you still see the mini-dungeon area. It makes me curious as to where on the 'map' these mini-dungeons are actually located.

Unfortunately, there is no particular workaround that I know about, and it’s not always reproducible, which probably makes it harder to track this bug down. Next week, The Mandible might be just fine and a different mini-dungeon could be the issue. I think I’ve only experienced this once myself in a Freeplay mini-dungeon and my solution was to go somewhere else to look for activities. I do know that reports like this have already been forwarded to the devs.
Message 4 of 11 (4,335 Views)

★★ Novice
@ChiraaKitteh Funny thing is I returned after I ended my live stream, there was a strider world event outside the mandible, I completed that and ventured inside the mandible to see if the problem was still happening and the world event was still active.
I checked the time and it was 40 minutes after I first started the event and finally managed to finish it without any issues. Doing other events does seem to cancel the issue just strange the world event lasted so long without failing.
Message 5 of 11 (4,323 Views)

@Steph-SCO-   I don't think it's the Ripstream but more a sync bug that occurs for whatever reason. It happened to me but I wasn't able to test it as it's impossible to know where and when it's going to happen or if it's going to happen at all and as Chiraa said the devs can't reproduce it so......

Made a post about it in April and found 3 others who reported this bug... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HIDDEN-PLACES-BUG/td-p/8958118

didn't happen to me since but I don't visit much the hidden places so I can't really tell.

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 6 of 11 (4,279 Views)

★★ Novice
@Valhalla-strider It's only that hidden place that does it for me, I've tested all of them and had no issues.
I have set out a route, that I stick to now, to get world events and only visit the Mandible once or twice doe that works event.

I had read your previous thread and the others, i was glad I am not the only one experiencing this issue.

Thanks for the reply
Message 7 of 11 (4,267 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Valhalla-strider It’s just my tinfoil hat theory. 😂
Message 8 of 11 (4,244 Views)

★★ Novice
@ChiraaKitteh Nothing wrong with a tinfoil hat 🤣😂
Message 9 of 11 (4,225 Views)

@ChiraaKitteh   you read my mind ! 😵 and I don't think we set foot on the moon either 😂

You know what...It never happened to me before answering a post on the subject and then bang a few days later I experience it...maybe it's a virus created by the pro PvP section 9 to deal damage to random players 😂😁😂😁😂

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 10 of 11 (4,207 Views)