by SianAF148

Original Post

[OPEN] Loyal trait is making sims cheat

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Whatever version added the Loyal trait
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, Island Living, City Living, Get together, get to work, seasons, snowy escape, cottage living, discovere university, realm of magic, vampires, parenthood, outdoor retreat, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, tiny living, throwback fit bit, desert luxe kit,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make Loyal sims in a relationship chat autonomously with other sims
What happens when the bug occurs? Loyal sims flirt randomly with sims who aren't their partners.
What do you expect to see? I expect loyal sims to be loyal. A sim with the loyal trait cheating on their partner should ONLY be something that can be manually caused. Not automatically
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to the version that adds the Loyal trait

When initially finding this bug, I had a mod active which effect autonomous socials. This made the issue appear almost immediately. I spoke about this in this post I made not long ago and added screenshots and updates  - https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/The-Loyal-trait-is-incredibly-bugged/m-p/11951... 

Reposting the whole thing here seems pointless when it's already somewhere else.

I have since removed that mod and tested it again with no game changing modifications installed. It look longer for the bug to appear, but eventually one sim began autonomously flirting with a sim that wasn't her fiance.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 20 (11,287 Views)

Re: The Loyal trait is making sims cheat

★★ Guide

Update - I just removed the Loyal trait from all 4 sims. They are no longer flirting with random people and random people are no longer flirting with them. They were only flirting with their partners. The Loyal trait is breaking something.

Message 2 of 20 (11,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I equipped my two married sims with this trait to counter the other bug involving mean conversations, and that one fixed it for me, only now I have the same problem as OP.
One of the two sims was already in a very flirty mode due to the fact that he was next to his spouse, I let him chat for a moment with another sim passing by and I notice that he engaged in a flirty conversation (the one with the heart next to the avatar to be clear), of course the spouse has a jealousy attack and a negative mood appears. I had to exit the game without saving.
All the more so because the flirting sim is set up so that he cannot experiment outside of his romantic preference, and he was flirting with a woman (my sim is gay).

Message 3 of 20 (10,859 Views)

Champion

See I've always had this, even before the loyal trait was added. Being near their spouse makes Sims flirty. Flirty Sims autonomously flirt with everyone. This means I have never been able to make Sims socialize as a couple without one or both "cheating." Disappointing to hear that the loyal trait doesn't fix this, but as I've said elsewhere, it shouldn't require a trait to stop them doing this. If you're flirty specifically because of the presence of someone else, that shouldn't make you ignore the person making you flirty to flirt with someone you just met.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 4 of 20 (10,846 Views)

Re: Innocent spouse accused of cheating because NPC is flirty

★★★ Newbie

No, the Loyal trait does not prevent this.  I came here with the same problem of NPC Sims being overly flirty and having to apologize and beg forgiveness even though I had the Loyal trait and never reciprocated the flirts.

Message 5 of 20 (10,730 Views)

Re: Innocent spouse accused of cheating because NPC is flirty

Hero
@Terraxzohar I moved your post over to the thread on the loyal trait

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (10,712 Views)

★ Novice
@SianAF148 I also have this problem! I didn´t have it before loyal treat update, so I think it might be that trait. My loyal sim flirted with his girlfriend´s sister and sister-in-law, the first at the engagement party and the second the day after the engagement party. So, is he really loyal? I thought that happened becose in that time playing, the sim was not part of the household, so that´s why I put him in the same household as his girlfriend´s. Then, he flirted with the sister-in-law, and gave her her first kiss, wich did not happened before with the sister and another friend he cheated on his girlfriend.
Message 7 of 20 (10,514 Views)

★ Novice

I have also have two sims (engaged), living in the same household, both with the loyal trait. One of the sims, who also has the romantic trait, does occasionally flirt but this does appear trigger the “What have I done” moodlet. I have no problem with this but would expect the flirting to be less frequent than it is. So far the other Sim without the romantic trait has not flirted. The one issue I have found is the autonomous use of “enchanting introduction” that the “romantic” sim is using regularly. Again no issue with the other Sim yet. The problem is twofold - 1) The autonomous use of “enchanting introduction” does not generate a “what have I done” moodlet. 2) Even though my Sim is only romantically attracted to men and also  not exploring romantically, they are using “enchanting introduction” autonomously on both male and female sims. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same problems.

Message 8 of 20 (10,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having an entirely different problem where I made a vampire sim with the Romantic, Mean and Evil traits, and now she has a tense “stabbed in the back” moodlet that lasts 2 days and she doesn’t even have the loyal trait. Her aspiration is Villainous Valentine and I can’t even do it because she keeps feeling bad about it. 

Message 9 of 20 (10,094 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Glamdring73 I'm also experiencing the same issues you just described, so it's definitely not just you. I ended up deleting an NPC out of manage households to get rid of a romantic interest label I didn't want all because of Enchanting Introduction queuing up on its own. Yet this did not generate a moodlet for me either.

@PipMenace I've always had this issue as well and it's extremely frustrating. My understanding was the Loyal trait was supposed to curb autonomous flirting when in a committed relationship, so the fact that spouses with this trait are still participating in cheating behavior makes it seem like this trait is horribly bugged, even aside from the autonomous insulting issue. All I want is a true fidelity trait for those sims I want to keep faithful and committed, and instead they created this wonky interaction system with the Loyal trait that flat-out does not function correctly, let alone actually improve anything.
Message 10 of 20 (9,845 Views)