The DOOM still rules the Supply Ship

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 2070 RTX
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? JonSnowTheThird
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Supply ship
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Landing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18.08.19 20:59
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? DOOMED WHEN LANDING SUPPLY SHIP
What should be happening instead? Should not be doomed to die
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Land supply ship

I landed Supply Ship and I'm happy to say I got new information this time. This has indeed happened for me at least 5 times. Basically what happens is I land on the supply ship and everything seems fine, until I jump off. The out of bounds warning flashes once when jumping off and then disappears until I reach the ground. At this point the timer in the warning ticks down as long as I run but as long as I jump it turns off and with long jumps it actually regains a bit of time. Being pathfinder this allowed me to actually get back to the supply ship this time! And what I found was that as long as I remained on the supply ship I stayed alive, though it was rather shortlived as any attempt to jump off was met with the out of bounds warning as soon as I was on the ground. I tried at least 3 times to jump off at different places and the timer returned every time. Then the ring got to me and I had to make a choice. This crank style gameplay in which you keep running or you die is a bit of an adrenaline rush but not why I play this game. PLEASE FIX THIS! I ALSO DIED FROM INACTIVITY IN A MATCH BUT I DON'T EVEN CARE. THIS IS SO MUCH WORSE!

Message 181 of 186 (526 Views)

Re: The DOOM still rules the Supply Ship

★★★ Novice

I've run into this issue 5+ times this week. It seems that it does have something to do with how long it takes you to reach the ground. If I miss where I am going and land on the top of a ridge, and possibly hit another ledge trying to jump down I get the timer once I hit the ground.  As others have said the timer only pauses when I jump or use a zip line, however it doesn't reset even if I use a balloon etc. 

I've taken to just leaving the match when this happens now.  Please prioritize this.

Message 182 of 186 (471 Views)

Re: Out of bounds message displays and kills you when in a playable area

★★★ Newbie

Seriously Respawn. Can you please fix this. I hate to get so hostile and demanding but it is so f*cking frustrating. I land on the ship, maybe beat a team, get good loot and then have to quit the game because of this stupid glitch. It isn't even uncommon which is why I get so mad. My friends and I have gotten probably 50 times. 

Message 183 of 186 (427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing, I jumped out of the drop ship and hit a zip line got the out of bounds message soon as i hit solid ground. 

Message 184 of 186 (427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Please specify your platform model. PC (i7-6700k, RTX 2080)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Enmity
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bangalore
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Artillery
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Landed on Supply Ship, and got off in Artillery
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4 or 5
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 9/2/2019 between 2am and 4am EST
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (first time)
What happens when the bug occurs? The return to battle message appeared and when the timer ran out I was eliminated.
What should be happening instead? Time should only be appearing when I'm out of map bounds
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hard to reproduce.

A few things I noticed that are worth mentioning.

1. The supply ship flew over the mountain between containment and Artillery. While it was over this area I threw an item off the ship from my inventory and it landed on top of the mountain. This issue (the timer) didn't appear while I was on the ship at all. It only started once i got to the ground.
The timer would actually go up if I was able to stay off the ground for a long enough time. This can be seen in the video I'm sharing below. Several times while I'm hopping around or using the balloon zip line to get off the ground you'll see the time come back at a higher number than it was when I originally left the ground.

3. While using the balloon to glide the timer goes away between certain altitudes. Meaning it is there when I was higher in the air then went away for a while then appeared when I got back to the lower altitude. It almost seems like the maps ground plane bounding area gets shifted up while on the ship sometimes and the jump possibly puts you barely inside when you are at the peak of the jump. That is of course assuming there is static out of bounds altitude both above and below the maps ground plane.

Video link:
Note only the first 2 minutes show the glitch happening.

Message 185 of 186 (377 Views)

★ Novice

Please specify your platform model. PC (i7-6700k, RTX 2080)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Enmity
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bangalore
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Artillery
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Landed on Supply Ship, and got off in Artillery
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4 or 5
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01.09.2019 between 2am and 4am EST
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (first time)
What happens when the bug occurs? The return to battle message appeared and when the timer ran out I was eliminated.
What should be happening instead? Time should only be appearing when I'm out of map bounds
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hard to reproduce.

A few things I noticed that are worth mentioning.

1. The supply ship flew over the mountain between containment and Artillery. While it was over this area I threw an item off the ship from my inventory and it landed on top of the mountain. This issue (the timer) didn't appear while I was on the ship at all. It only started once i got to the ground.

2. The timer would actually go up if I was able to stay off the ground for a long enough time. This can be seen in the video I'm sharing below. Several times while I'm hopping around or using the balloon zip line to get off the ground you'll see the time come back at a higher number than it was when I originally left the ground.

3. While using the balloon to glide the timer goes away between certain altitudes. Meaning it is there when I was higher in the air then went away for a while then appeared when I got back to the lower altitude. It almost seems like the maps ground plane bounding area gets shifted up while on the ship sometimes and the jump possibly puts you barely inside when you are at the peak of the jump. That is of course assuming there is static out of bounds altitude both above and below the maps ground plane.

Video link: Note only the first 2 minutes show the glitch happening.

Message 186 of 186 (387 Views)