Re: The Best Around Achievement stuck at 80/81 - Tiberian Dawn

by AragarVarnus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Best Around Achievement stuck at 80/81 - Tiberian Dawn

★★★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug I have completed all 81 missions on Tiberian Dawn, however, the achievement tracker stopped at 80/81. Tiberian Historian unlocked successfully, though.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete all 81 TD missions (26 GDI 25 Nod 15 Spec Ops 10 Console 5 Funpark) on Hard mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? The achievement tracker stopped at 80 and one mission hasn't been accounted for, blocking the achievement from being unlocked.
What do you expect to see? To obtain the "The Best Around" achievement upon completing all 81 missions of TD.

I heard from other players that the mission from Console Missions tab, S3cr3t M1ss10n was not being tracked properly and some managed to complete it and have it tracked, but I've completed it several times without success. There is not way for me to see which mission is not being tracked though.

Message 1 of 12 (11,421 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Actually, I now managed to work around the problem (try at your own risk):

Delete the save file (make a backup first), located at "\Steam\userdata\<your ID>\1213210\remote\Player_TD_settings_1.bin". (I'm guessing that with similar issues related to Red Alert you should delete Player_RA_settings.bin instead). To be sure, you can just cut/paste the whole "remote" folder somewhere else. This resets your ingame progress (but not the Steam achievements, of course). Also make sure you disable savegame syncing for C&C in Steam before attempting this.

After that you can play again the mission(s) that the achievement is missing. The downside is that you have to play the mission again, and this is a bigger inconvenience if you don't know which mission it is or if there are many.

After doing this and getting the missing Steam achievement you can copy your savegame file(s) back. I managed to get my ingame progress back this way, but try this at your own risk! Getting back the saves I had ingame (under save/load mission) required some additional fiddling around (at first the "load mission" was still empty and I had to make some new saves and restart the game multiple times). Also remember to put the Steam savegame syncing back on.

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (11,303 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I got mine this morning without issue. You've counted the missions available?

Message 2 of 12 (11,359 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, but with a different mission.

I have the Steam achievement "Cloak and Daggers" at 14/15, even though I've completed all 15 Covert Operations missions. Similarly, my "Best Around" achievement lags behind my actually completed missions by one, that is, I've completed 73/81 TD missions on hard but Steam achievements only show 72/81.

I tried replaying all the covert ops missions, but it didn't help.

Message 3 of 12 (11,345 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Tsarchasm5 Yep, I've done them all:

26 GDI
25 Nod
15 Covert Ops
10 Spec Ops (console missions)
5 FUNPARK

And I've completed the Secret Mission more than 10x already (not that it's hard or anything, just because some people said that's what was bugging for them).
Message 4 of 12 (11,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Actually, I now managed to work around the problem (try at your own risk):

Delete the save file (make a backup first), located at "\Steam\userdata\<your ID>\1213210\remote\Player_TD_settings_1.bin". (I'm guessing that with similar issues related to Red Alert you should delete Player_RA_settings.bin instead). To be sure, you can just cut/paste the whole "remote" folder somewhere else. This resets your ingame progress (but not the Steam achievements, of course). Also make sure you disable savegame syncing for C&C in Steam before attempting this.

After that you can play again the mission(s) that the achievement is missing. The downside is that you have to play the mission again, and this is a bigger inconvenience if you don't know which mission it is or if there are many.

After doing this and getting the missing Steam achievement you can copy your savegame file(s) back. I managed to get my ingame progress back this way, but try this at your own risk! Getting back the saves I had ingame (under save/load mission) required some additional fiddling around (at first the "load mission" was still empty and I had to make some new saves and restart the game multiple times). Also remember to put the Steam savegame syncing back on.

Message 5 of 12 (11,304 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Joe_Flanagan Awesome, I was trying to find where the save files were, tried on my own but couldn't! I actually found a folder in documents but it was empty. This will help, I'll try it out after work!
Message 6 of 12 (11,296 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Joe_Flanagan It worked! Just got the achievement, thank you VERY much!! +MVP to you, my good sir!
Message 7 of 12 (11,264 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@AragarVarnusVery nice to hear it worked for you! Glad I could help. Standard smile I just finished the 81/81 achievement myself too.

Message 8 of 12 (11,232 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the temporary fix!

After changing saves, my achievement counter was actually higher than it should have been.  I ended up getting the achievement prematurely :P

I finished all the missions and I was finally able to "Complete the Soviet Campaign"

I will probably need to do the same thing for Hard mode. My counter for that is also off. *sigh*

Message 9 of 12 (11,019 Views)

★★★ Novice

As suggested I removed my Player_TD_settings.bin somewhere else temporarily and started the game. Worth clarifying that for me, I all I had to do was complete the 1st GDI mission on Hard. It counted and I got the achievement, even though I'm 95% sure it wasn't the mission I was missing. Earlier I had made sure the secret mission increased the ticker. The math got off by 1 mission somewhere in the main campaign. Swapped my old settings back afterwards.

Message 10 of 12 (10,435 Views)