Texture Glitches on Skins (Disabled: Uncompressed Sim Textures)

by Discospider44

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Texture Glitches on Skins (Disabled: Uncompressed Sim Textures)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them as of 2020
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Literally just use the tone slider on one of the warm skin tones.
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically when I use the tone slider in CAS (e.g I slide it left so that it looks more tan)...it works and the skin is changed. But when playing the game? It nothing like what it is in CAS.
What do you expect to see? You'll noticed a very light stripe down the sim's torso, and blotches on both the upper sides of their arms and their upper back. (The pictures shown were when my mods were turned off)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that introduced the skin tone adjustment feature.

So...ever since the new skin update came in, I was quite excited for it; essentially more customization was added. Though, when I used it, it had these weird blotches on my sim when I tried to darken it on any of the warm colors. I don't know if this was intended or not but if it isn't...I think it to be worth bringing that up. I know sims 2 or 3 had a thing where your sim would tan up if they went outside (whereas 4 just has them lie down to do it), but I don't know if that was the intent.

If anyone could look into this, please do so. Thanks and have a good day!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 3 of 15 (6,227 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Skin tone adjustment glitch

★★★★★ Novice

Try enabling uncompressed sim textures. 

View in thread

Message 11 of 15 (6,837 Views)

All Replies

Shadow on face only in live mode

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work. Realm of Magic, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat. Tiny living, moschino, laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, romantic garden, cool kitchen, and perfect patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a male sim, neutral toned. In live mode there is a shadow on his face covering his left eye, nose, and part of his mouth. It doesn’t show in CAS, or the save file picture. Only in live mode
What happens when the bug occurs? He showed up on the lot with a shadow on his face that wasn’t there when I first placed him on the lot
What do you expect to see? Clearer skin tones, normal shadows.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I did not make any changes other than allow the new patch that includes more skin tones.

When I first placed my sim here I did not notice the major shadow on his face, but after a few hours in build mode, i returned and it was noticeable 

Message 1 of 15 (5,926 Views)

Re: Shadow on face only in live mode

Hero
@Keri326 Is this the only Sim that has this issue or do you have others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (5,876 Views)

Hero
@Discospider44 Did you test this without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (6,181 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, and I unfortunately still had the problem.

Message 5 of 15 (6,164 Views)

Hero
@Discospider44 Could you upload the Sim to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (6,127 Views)

★★ Novice

Done; I called it "Basile (Forum help)"

I take it its to see if you have the same issue as well?

Message 7 of 15 (6,120 Views)

Hero

From what I can tell it looks normal in my game

What are your ingame graphics settings ?

Bild_2020-12-16_212125.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (6,102 Views)

★★ Novice

Interesting...so its must be just me if it's not having that issue with your game. Now I wonder what it is about mine that's different...Raised eyebrow

Here's my current settings. What do you think it might be?

graphics options.PNG

Message 9 of 15 (6,089 Views)

Hero
@Discospider44 There's a few people with weird coloring in different places. Can't say if it's related to the graphics card or the settings.

I'll test again later with your settings.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (6,055 Views)