Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1080 Founder's edition
Enter RAM memory size in GB 64
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. In every mission
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18.02.19 11:30 (PST)
Summarize your bug Tethering is too aggressive in missions. This is significantly interrupting the story telling because voice acting will get disrupted when tethering happens, and after the loading screen I pretty much missed what the NPCs were talking about before. I understand Anthem is a multiplayer game, but you also promised this game will be fun even for people enjoy the traditional single player games from Bioware. This is causing a lot of trouble and you should remove it or make the delay longer. Also sometimes tethering causes infinite loading loop (for example the mission I mentioned during the time in the bug). I just couldn't get to the next point and it keeps tethering me to the entrance of the dungeon again and again. I couldn't fly to my teammate because it only gives me 5 secs to get there.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try the mission I was doing with a teammate ahead of you.
What happens when the bug occurs? Infinite tethering loop, also destroying the whole game experience when this happens.
What should be happening instead? Do not implement tethering at all, or at least give a longer duration (30 sec minimal, 1 min would be better)

Tethering is too aggressive in missions. This is significantly interrupting the story telling because voice acting will get disrupted when tethering happens, and after the loading screen I pretty much missed what the NPCs were talking about before.

I understand Anthem is a multiplayer game, but you also promised this game will be fun even for people enjoy the traditional single player games from Bioware.

This is causing a lot of trouble and you should remove it or make the delay longer.

Also sometimes tethering causes infinite loading loop (for example the mission I mentioned during the time in the bug). I just couldn't get to the next point and it keeps tethering me to the entrance of the dungeon again and again. I couldn't fly to my teammate because it only gives me 5 secs to get there.

Message 1 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: Tethering / Force teleporting is too aggressive

★★★★ Newbie
I can strongly agree that the tethering is way too aggressive. To me it gives a feeling of restriction when it comes to missions. I get that you have to move together in order to take down strong monsters, but the range is terribly small for the tethering to actually kick in.
Message 2 of 3 (85 Views)

Re: Tethering / Force teleporting is too aggressive

★★★★★ Newbie

This is my biggest problem with the game.....

They really should just remove this feature.

Message 3 of 3 (56 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help