Territory Wars Mismatch

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone
OS Version 11.2.5
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 693-676-135
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug During TW my guild has been mismatched against a far superior guild in GP. My guild is Jed I Powers and we’ve been matched against reborn ravanites. Before the TW started our GP was 69M and Reborn were 89M. We are lead to believe that an algorithm matched guilds with similar GP. I think 20M is excessive for any guild to be matched against. Previous TW has matched us with guilds at most 10M more however we’ve come off better. But 20M is too much and gives them an unfair advantage.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check the GP of the guilds. Also examine your algorithm.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country UK

Added two screen shots one showing my guilds GP now which has tipped over 71M since the start of TW and our oppositions GP
0624BFD8-9631-4C6A-BD64-48E696072385.png
C72A901B-E7CF-4825-A87A-CBD1DA8922D5.png
Message 1 of 9 (903 Views)

Re: Territory Wars Mismatch

★★★ Guide

Just curious, for my own questing - have you guys won the last few TW battles by any chance?  SInce CG won't tell us what goes into the matchmaking process maybe we can figure it out.... maybe... like blind fools.

Message 2 of 9 (862 Views)

★★ Novice
We’ve lost a couple but again the guild was 12-15M stronger. Although we have beaten a couple of guilds which were 10M higher.
The rewards are in 10M groups so it would be reasonable to perceive that the match making would be in the same GP.
Message 3 of 9 (853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
My guild is registered at 77.7 M GP, up against a guild with 102M GP. We have 46 members in, but can only set 20 squads in a territory, so I’m guessing the opposing guild only has 39-40 members joined. In order for them to even be in the same rewards bracket as us, they’d have to have 22M GP worth NOT join TW. Their top 7 players only account for about 18M, and we’ve verified that many of those same players are registered.

So my question is why were we matched against a guild that isn’t even in the same GP bracket? There is 0 chance that we can win because their rosters are immensely more developed.

Edit: I was able to contact the other guild, who confirmed that they had 40 members join, and were at 88M GP (different reward bracket). Added screenshot sent from other guild.
C1228C5C-CA13-40AD-B3B9-663EA1CBF1BB.png
BF210296-5849-48BC-A5AC-5A6251523608.png
574BE654-05D0-4BCE-BB06-F8B397E130CC.png
Message 4 of 9 (812 Views)

★★ Novice

We also have that same problem.. we have 94 GP and against a guild with 116M GP. Its no chance to beat them..

Message 5 of 9 (759 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Around 12 Million mismatch, with 55 that is a huge amount....
Message 6 of 9 (726 Views)

★★★★ Novice
My guess is that the higher guild had fewer members participating, so your GPs were probably very close.
Message 7 of 9 (715 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes we’ve won a few that were s lot higher the best was the other guild was 15M higher than us. We went full defensive and placed our strongest squads in defence. Then we picked off teams with our fodder. Fortunately the other guild went weak upfront so we got some easy zones.
Message 8 of 9 (697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@mikejedi13
i guess not, look at the 4th answer here from @MarktheMech his guild (70m-79,9m GP) had to fight against a guild in an other priceclass (80m - 89,9m GP)

another reason why the future update of swgoh should not be implemented! (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/158998/version-update-2-28-2018-quality-o...)
changing the pointsystem for winning on the first attempt prefering the guild with more gp even more!!

and the other resaons can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/please-don-t-change-territory-wars-your-future-update-is-...

Message 9 of 9 (685 Views)