Re: Territory War x amount of members who joined now excluded from TW

by WotY_72

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@GladOS-013: Wow, I cant believe you are still telling me to contact customer support!??? I, along with at least five others on this issue have explained IN DETAIL why this is a ridiculous suggestion.

("I am curious as to who has missed out on "literallymonths worth of progress" due to these issues.  Of all the people I've seen on these threads, there are a couple who said they have missed out on more than one Territory War, but the majority of the players are "one-offs"")

So putting your mocking, and skeptical tone aside (which is another huge issue with your handling of this situation) you are just plain wrong. Here are 24 instances of players missing at least more than one TW. That alone amounts to at least 10 months worth of progress players have missed out on. And that is just the people who took the time to report it. The last post #24 missed out on 3-4 TW's that's about a month's worth just for one player! Because of your horrible handling of this situation, and treatment  of players/customers with doubt and skepticism, I have concluded that the #11th post has the right idea. I advise all players having this issue to seriously consider contacting the BBB (Better Buisness Bureau) about  this companies poor handling of this situation, especially since many players have spent serious cash on this game.

[11).Another guild member and myself have also experienced this glitch/bug. I experienced it during the war last week. He's experiencing it this week. Might need to throw a complaint to the Better Business Bureau about EA's inability to help/reimburse individual players and it's lack of response from it's technical support. I'll file a BBB grievance if EA doesn't give an explaination to this glitch/bug. Will be checking in everyday for 1 week, that should be more than enough time for them to address us at least saying "yes there is a glitch/bug, and yes we're working to resolve it" instead of this silent game B.S.]

1).Hi EA,

I signed during last 2 Territory Wars and experienced this bug too,
though I signed during prephase.
Of course I got no Rewards, i.e. 4 Zetas
and other neat stuff that one may need.

Livias
959-556-428

Kind Regards

2).The June 30 TW never appeared on my Guild Events page, so I did not have the option to sign up.  Different from the greyed button bug  (which I have also experienced & worked around) and different from this current problem.

3).I signed up for the current TW on Sept 17, but when iot kicked off on Sept 18 TW I was not included as a participant. I don't know exactly when in that 20-22 hour timeframe that I was kicked out, but it happened.

Ally code 773-259-687.

4).I have also suffered from this problem. This is the second time, but the first I thought I may have made a mistake. As such I have been diligent since then but now find I am once again missing out on the TW

5).Dito. Definitely joined the TW and then it has vanished. Majority of my guild is currently playing this TW and I can’t even see it despite reading the in-game chat from members that had more luck. It’s now the 2nd time in sequence that this has happened to me and other guild members.

6).Same here, happened to multiple players in my guild, including me. Also the second time it happened. 

7).Seriously, this is massively annoying. From a rewards perspective, but also from a team support and statistics angle. we are running tight stats recording in our guild and such bugs render the entire effort useless. 

We have just managed to get enough for TW this time, but in the past 3 or 4 we've missed out at least tice. Can someone at CG please confirm when this will be fixed and whether they can track which guilds haven't completed TW over the past few weeks and offer some reward compensation

8).There is no territory war showing up in guild events for which I can join. Due to this, I have now missed two guild territory wars. There is nothing showing in my guild events for me to join. 

9).During the last two TWs, I registered regularly. I saw my name among the TW members of my guild that would have participated. A few hours later, however, the territorial war guild event disappeared and did not allow me to participate.

10).I've been having this same issue! I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the last two Territory Wars have not shown up for me nor have I gotten a notification for them.

11).Another guild member and myself have also experienced this glitch/bug. I experienced it during the war last week. He's experiencing it this week. Might need to throw a complaint to the Better Business Bureau about EA's inability to help/reimburse individual players and it's lack of response from it's technical support. I'll file a BBB grievance if EA doesn't give an explaination to this glitch/bug. Will be checking in everyday for 1 week, that should be more than enough time for them to address us at least saying "yes there is a glitch/bug, and yes we're working to resolve it" instead of this silent game B.S.

12).I am having the same issue, last 2 wars nothing, missed out ona  lot of rewards and leaving and rejoining does not exactly work for the GM.

13).My guild has this problem been going on for months

14).Same here, didn't get the invite 2 days ago, didn't get the signup today either.

This happened to about a third of my guild including myself ("Galactic Paladins").

14).For me, TW never even showed up in my Guild Events, or if it did, it was brief. Just over half the guild was in TW when there were multiple complaints coming in about not even seeing a "JOIN" phase. Lowest attendance we've had in TW due to this glitch. NOW, the calendar says that there is supposed to be a TW today (June 14th), but no one in my guild is seeing a "JOIN" phase in guild events.

15).Mee too, today is the 2nd time this happened. I joined the TB then in prepare phase I was closed out and the ebent is not visible in–game.

EA: this needs to be resolved NOW. You are milking people and publishing DLC/Unlockables all the time... but why not giving such severe bugs priority as well?!

16).This time it happened to me like that too. Two other times the TW did not even show up for me.
I already contacted the support, but they neither want to help, nor do i get any compensation for the won TWs that i now missed. They just said there is no visible error.

17).Good luck. Had this problem on the last TW in August and still nothing. They don’t care. 

17).I've missed the last two TW's now due to this bug. Let me break it down simply.

a) I joined the TW registration.

b) It DIDNT have a greyed out button. I just clicked join as normal.

c) It showed me listed as joined on the guild list.

d) TW launches 

e) I'm not in the TW and it's not showing as active on the App.

18).Territory wars are not showing up, I can see the territory battles, however no TW. This happened a couple of months ago and eventually got solved after missing 2 zetas of rewards. This time I have been unable to join (event doesn’t even show) twice already and three times including the TW scheduled for today,

19).Some members including me joined the TW join phase and got kicked out after the join phase was past.
Now people can't play the TW off course and this isn't the first time it happened.
Can't seem to chat with USA EA support atm, but this issue is starting to get on my nerves.

20).For me this is the second time this has happened within the period of the last three Territory wars from this date

21).We are now seeing this same issue for the 3rd TW in a row. 

Where are you on fixing the issue?

22).Will there be any compensation for the guilds who’ve suffered losses based on guildmates not being able to join TW’s (going back 3 TW’s to date)?

23).This is the third week of the territory War / battle join button being bugged. When is this fix going to be rolled out? This is preventing players from joining

24).We have just managed to get enough for TW this time, but in the past 3 or 4 we've missed out at least twice. 

P.S: You should do the players, and this company a favor, and quit this job.

Message 81 of 89 (1,097 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@GladOS-013: Wow, I cant believe you are still telling me to contact customer support!??? I, along with at least five others on this issue have explained IN DETAIL why this is a ridiculous suggestion.

("I am curious as to who has missed out on "literallymonths worth of progress" due to these issues.  Of all the people I've seen on these threads, there are a couple who said they have missed out on more than one Territory War, but the majority of the players are "one-offs"")

So putting your mocking, and skeptical tone aside (which is another huge issue with your handling of this situation) you are just plain wrong. Here are 24 instances of players missing at least more than one TW. That alone amounts to at least 10 months worth of progress players have missed out on. And that is just the people who took the time to report it. The last post #24 missed out on 3-4 TW's that's about a month's worth just for one player! Because of your horrible handling of this situation, and treating of players/customers with doubt and skepticism, I have concluded that the #11th post has the right idea. I advise all players having this issue to seriously consider this.

[[11).Another guild member and myself have also experienced this glitch/bug. I experienced it during the war last week. He's experiencing it this week. Might need to throw a complaint to the Better Business Bureau about EA's inability to help/reimburse individual players and it's lack of response from it's technical support. I'll file a BBB grievance if EA doesn't give an explaination to this glitch/bug. Will be checking in everyday for 1 week, that should be more than enough time for them to address us at least saying "yes there is a glitch/bug, and yes we're working to resolve it" instead of this silent game B.S.]]

1).Hi EA,

I signed during last 2 Territory Wars and experienced this bug too,
though I signed during prephase.
Of course I got no Rewards, i.e. 4 Zetas
and other neat stuff that one may need.

Livias
959-556-428

Kind Regards

2).The June 30 TW never appeared on my Guild Events page, so I did not have the option to sign up.  Different from the greyed button bug  (which I have also experienced & worked around) and different from this current problem.

3).I signed up for the current TW on Sept 17, but when iot kicked off on Sept 18 TW I was not included as a participant. I don't know exactly when in that 20-22 hour timeframe that I was kicked out, but it happened.

Ally code 773-259-687.

4).I have also suffered from this problem. This is the second time, but the first I thought I may have made a mistake. As such I have been diligent since then but now find I am once again missing out on the TW

5).Dito. Definitely joined the TW and then it has vanished. Majority of my guild is currently playing this TW and I can’t even see it despite reading the in-game chat from members that had more luck. It’s now the 2nd time in sequence that this has happened to me and other guild members.

6).Same here, happened to multiple players in my guild, including me. Also the second time it happened. 

7).Seriously, this is massively annoying. From a rewards perspective, but also from a team support and statistics angle. we are running tight stats recording in our guild and such bugs render the entire effort useless. 

We have just managed to get enough for TW this time, but in the past 3 or 4 we've missed out at least tice. Can someone at CG please confirm when this will be fixed and whether they can track which guilds haven't completed TW over the past few weeks and offer some reward compensation

8).There is no territory war showing up in guild events for which I can join. Due to this, I have now missed two guild territory wars. There is nothing showing in my guild events for me to join. 

9).During the last two TWs, I registered regularly. I saw my name among the TW members of my guild that would have participated. A few hours later, however, the territorial war guild event disappeared and did not allow me to participate.

10).I've been having this same issue! I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the last two Territory Wars have not shown up for me nor have I gotten a notification for them.

11).Another guild member and myself have also experienced this glitch/bug. I experienced it during the war last week. He's experiencing it this week. Might need to throw a complaint to the Better Business Bureau about EA's inability to help/reimburse individual players and it's lack of response from it's technical support. I'll file a BBB grievance if EA doesn't give an explaination to this glitch/bug. Will be checking in everyday for 1 week, that should be more than enough time for them to address us at least saying "yes there is a glitch/bug, and yes we're working to resolve it" instead of this silent game B.S.

12).I am having the same issue, last 2 wars nothing, missed out ona  lot of rewards and leaving and rejoining does not exactly work for the GM.

13).My guild has this problem been going on for months

14).Same here, didn't get the invite 2 days ago, didn't get the signup today either.

This happened to about a third of my guild including myself ("Galactic Paladins").

14).For me, TW never even showed up in my Guild Events, or if it did, it was brief. Just over half the guild was in TW when there were multiple complaints coming in about not even seeing a "JOIN" phase. Lowest attendance we've had in TW due to this glitch. NOW, the calendar says that there is supposed to be a TW today (June 14th), but no one in my guild is seeing a "JOIN" phase in guild events.

15).Mee too, today is the 2nd time this happened. I joined the TB then in prepare phase I was closed out and the ebent is not visible in–game.

EA: this needs to be resolved NOW. You are milking people and publishing DLC/Unlockables all the time... but why not giving such severe bugs priority as well?!

16).This time it happened to me like that too. Two other times the TW did not even show up for me.
I already contacted the support, but they neither want to help, nor do i get any compensation for the won TWs that i now missed. They just said there is no visible error.

17).Good luck. Had this problem on the last TW in August and still nothing. They don’t care. 

17).I've missed the last two TW's now due to this bug. Let me break it down simply.

a) I joined the TW registration.

b) It DIDNT have a greyed out button. I just clicked join as normal.

c) It showed me listed as joined on the guild list.

d) TW launches 

e) I'm not in the TW and it's not showing as active on the App.

18).Territory wars are not showing up, I can see the territory battles, however no TW. This happened a couple of months ago and eventually got solved after missing 2 zetas of rewards. This time I have been unable to join (event doesn’t even show) twice already and three times including the TW scheduled for today,

19).Some members including me joined the TW join phase and got kicked out after the join phase was past.
Now people can't play the TW off course and this isn't the first time it happened.
Can't seem to chat with USA EA support atm, but this issue is starting to get on my nerves.

20).For me this is the second time this has happened within the period of the last three Territory wars from this date

21).We are now seeing this same issue for the 3rd TW in a row. 

Where are you on fixing the issue?

22).Will there be any compensation for the guilds who’ve suffered losses based on guildmates not being able to join TW’s (going back 3 TW’s to date)?

23).This is the third week of the territory War / battle join button being bugged. When is this fix going to be rolled out? This is preventing players from joining

24).We have just managed to get enough for TW this time, but in the past 3 or 4 we've missed out at least twice. 

Message 82 of 89 (1,097 Views)

@ninjah9 wrote:

So putting your mocking, and skeptical tone aside (which is another huge issue with your handling of this situation) you are just plain wrong. Here are 24 instances of players missing at least more than one TW. That alone amounts to at least 10 months worth of progress players have missed out on. And that is just the people who took the time to report it. The last post #24 missed out on 3-4 TW's that's about a month's worth just for one player! Because of your horrible handling of this situation, and treating of players/customers with doubt and skepticism, I have concluded that the #11th post has the right idea. I advise all players having this issue to seriously consider this.

Hello, @ninjah9 and thank you for the comments and your opinions!  

I am not "telling you" to go to Customer Support.  I am telling you that Customer Support is the place to go for compensation.  That is just a fact, and regardless of how agitated that makes you, the fact doesn't change.  To provide an analogy that hopefully will help:  If you go to McDonald's and ask for a taco, they cannot give you a taco.  They can only direct you to the nearest restaurant that serves tacos (if they are attempting to be helpful - otherwise they'll just tell you to go away).  You may not like the tacos at that other restaurant...but McDonald's doesn't have any.  

I am sorry if you found my tone skeptical or mocking.  It was intended to be "snarky," but you seem to be too agitated to appreciate that.  I will attempt to be less snarky when directing comments at you.  Please keep in mind that mischaracterizing the scope of an issue (such as through exaggeration) is not helpful, and claiming that people are literally missing out on months worth of rewards is not accurate.  

In terms of your last comment, I would appreciate if you would read my posts and signature more carefully.  I am not an EA/CG employee, I am just a volunteer who helps out on these forums.  I would also like to direct you to the Dos and Don'ts of this Forum.  

The signup period for the next Territory War should start in a few hours.  Let's see what data can be collected this time-around and see if we can identify the issue that players are experiencing!  The first step to fixing a problem is understanding it!

★★★ Apprentice

@GladOS-013: @Tacos!!? After all that, you talk about tacos!!? This is a total joke! You keep saying you are not an employee, while at the same time you seem to be the only person responding to this problem... so what does that tell us about this companies response to the issue??? They are not taking it seriously aka it's a joke. And I will be reporting this to the BBB. I found posts about this issue as far back as January

Message 84 of 89 (1,050 Views)

@ninjah9 wrote:

@GladOS-013: @Tacos!!? After all that, you talk about tacos!!? This is a total joke! You keep saying you are not an employee, while at the same time you seem to be the only person responding to this problem... so what does that tell us about this companies response to the issue??? They are not taking it seriously aka it's a joke. And I will be reporting this to the BBB. I found posts about this issue as far back as January

Hi @ninjah9 !  As I explained, I brought up tacos as an analogy to help you understand the difference between "telling you to go to Customer Support," vs "explaining that Customer Support is the only option."  Would you prefer a different analogy?  I am honestly not sure whether you don't understand or you are just so agitated that you are being intentionally belligerent.  I'm assuming positive intent from you, which leads me to the conclusion that you didn't understand.  However, in the spirit of "not being snarky at you", I will instead directly ask whether you understand or not.  

I would like to refer you to responses #10, 23, 27, 29, 64, 71, and 72, which are all from EA employees working to discuss this issue.  It's definitely not "just me."  

The next TW registration period ends in a few hours.  Is your entire guild registered?  If you would like to positively contribute to this investigation, please take a screenshot of your guild's registration numbers (i.e. the "50/50") and submit it to the forums if you end up with fewer members after the phase changes.  Thanks!

★ Guide

@GladOS-013 wrote:...
Spoiler
...you go to McDonald's and ask for a taco, they cannot give you a taco.  They can only direct you to the nearest restaurant that serves tacos ....  

I think I understand what you're saying, and respectfully, I'm pretty sure you missed the mark. Since I love analogies, let me try to fix this one for you a little bit.

I did not walk into a McDonald's and ask for a taco. I walked into McDonald's, placed my order for a cheeseburger, PAID FOR IT, & received a bag.

BUT, when I got home and opened up the bag there's no cheeseburger in the bag.

Now I understand that after I drive back to the store to get this mistake resolved that the kid working the register might not have the authority to give me my cheeseburger (potential abuse, and all that), but I believe that he certainly has a responsibility to up channel my valid complaint to his manager, to get the manager up to the counter to have a talk with me, and that the restaurant has responsibility to train its employees to handle this type of situation properly.

What has happened instead (from my perspective), is the kid at the register apparently has no mechanism to contact his manager, or maybe the manager is on the other end of the phone saying "not my problem", and the register kid has no authority to give me my missing cheeseburger. 

So, we get a little bit testy when the customer in line behind us ( @GladOS-013 ) suggests that we didn't even order a cheeseburger, or maybe that we ate the cheeseburger on the way home, or maybe that we were dumb enough to order a taco.

We just want the cheeseburger we paid for.

If the kid at the counter cannot help us, we want to speak to the manager.

Message 86 of 89 (1,029 Views)

★ Guide
I forgot to mention, it really doesn't matter if I get my cheeseburger the next day, I still remember last week when I got screwed out of cheeseburger. Keeping my receipts (screenshots) in the future does not fix the fact that I did not get compensated for my missing cheeseburger.
Message 87 of 89 (1,028 Views)

Hi @WotY_72 that's a fairly good analogy. It is a bit flawed in that nobody actually pays to enter a Territory War, so the "paying for" a cheeseburger bit is not accurate. Instead it's akin to showing up to a special event where they are handing out free cheeseburgers, and you expect to receive one, but in the end you got an empty bag.

When the manager reviews the security footage, the footage is too grainy, and he can't tell whether you opened your mouth to ask the cashier for a hamburger, but the cashier obviously didn't hand you one, and then you walked away. Something definitely went wrong, but where did the failure occur? Did you forget to ask? Did the cashier forget to supply you with a burger? Did a thief sneak up and steal the burger out of your bag on your way out the door?

If you had opened your bag to check that a burger was in there, you might have seen it was empty, gone back to the counter, and made sure you received one. And that's what I'm trying to get people to do here.

And in terms of asking to "speak to the manager" for a replacement cheeseburger, the manager is Customer Support - which is what I've been saying the whole time! Standard smile

EA DICE Team

Hi all,

I'm closing this thread as discussion is drifting off-topic. In the meantime, I can confirm that we are still investigating these reports.

Should you require immediate help in regards to lost or missing content, please reach out to us via EA Help as that not is something that we can assist with via our forums.

Thank you,

Message 89 of 89 (1,008 Views)