Re: Territory War x amount of members who joined now excluded from TW

by ninjah9

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

@WotY_72 We double checked your account and for the month of September, the server logs show that you only signed up for the TWs that I marked in bold below:

1st-4th of September

9th-12th of September

17th-20th of September

21st-24th of September

Now what this tells me is that if you are 100% sure you did sign up for the 17th-20th of September TW, the issue is not with being "dropped out" because there was no sign up registered in the first place. The issue must be somewhere else.

Given this information, if you do encounter this issue again, a screenshot would be of great help. And this is not just for you, it's for anyone who reports this issue.

If we get at least a few examples which can be verified by screenshots we can start looking at all the account specifics and see what's the connection.

NOTE: This is for everyone who has reported that they signed up for TW and then the event disappeared for them: Without video or screenshot record of your sign up, all we can do at the moment is to check the server logs and tell you if you signed up for a specific TW or not.

Message 71 of 89 (783 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Mosley_HC I checked your guild for the TW between 21st and 24th of September and our server logs show that there were only 27 participants and 28 members who signed up (as one of them joined 3 times and left the event 3 times). I sent you the details via PM.

Message 72 of 89 (773 Views)

★ Guide

@CG_MindTricks wrote:

@WotY_72 We double checked your account and for the month of September, the server logs show ...

... what this tells me is that if you are 100% sure you did sign up for the 17th-20th of September TW, the issue is not with being "dropped out" because there was no sign up registered in the first place. The issue must be somewhere else. 

Thank you @CG_MindTricks, that tells me that the theory that this is a sync bug is very much more likely.  I'm not sure how the different game modules interact/handoff with each other, but it appears that my signup was dropped on the client side before it synced to the server.

I do have connectivity dead spots that I frequently pass through, where I'll be moving out of wifi coverage & may not have LTE yet. I've had occasions where I'll be in a battle, and after it ends I'll get a "check your connection" pop up....but I've never had issues with the battle not registering after I regain connectivity. 

My best guess at this stage is that somehow the game allowed me to appear to join when I was disconnected, and then failed to pass the TW registration when I reconnected?  Just hypothesizing, but that game module cache handoff might be a good place to focus your investigation.  Or possibly they could code in that the 'Join' button be deactivated when you lose connection?  Or do a behind-the-scenes confirmation handshake for the registration, and pop an error dialogue if you're offline?

Regardless, thanks for checking the server log against my account.  I'm going to try signing up for the next TW from a known dead spot, and see what happens when I get back online.

Message 73 of 89 (747 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I highly doubt this is a connectivity issue given that there are so many incidences of this happening. It's not mass amounts of people started walking into dead zones while playing. I'm never more than 8 ft from my router while playing, and I was kicked out of the previous TW.

@CG_MindTricks @GladOS-013

You two keep saying you want the players help. So I'll help you since you guys dont seem to get it. Compensate the players who are claiming this issue with some zetas, and gear it would cost you NOTHING to do so. It would alleviate much of the player frustration while you figure out what's going on. That would be much better than refusing to acknowledge that this is happening to players, and pissing them off. This issue is 100% your fault no matter what you find the bug to be, accept responsibility and take care of your damn customers. I work in customer service, and when a customer comes to you with a problem the last thing on Earth that you should do is blatantly doubt them. Own up to this, it cost you NOTHING. Good god

Message 74 of 89 (703 Views)

Hi @ninjah9 thanks for the comments!  

The problem is currently that we don't know what's going on.  If there is a server/client communication issue, I don't know if it's related to a device going through a dead zone, or more of a server-side problem.  Currently this is the best hypothesis I've seen that fits all the data, but it's not confirmed yet.  

I personally believe the grayed out "Join" button also contributes to this problem, because rather than checking the list for their names, players just see the button grayed out and assume they are in.  Again, just a theory however.  

In terms of player compensation, I am not an EA/CG employee - I am just a volunteer who helps out answering questions on this forum.  MindTricks and HighCommand are EA employees, but they are not in customer support.  This forum is strictly for the identification of bugs (and helping answer questions from players who believe they have experienced a bug).  

Players seeking compensation for this issue should contact Customer Support

★ Guide

@ninjah9 wrote:

I highly doubt this is a connectivity issue given that there are so many incidences of this happening. It's not mass amounts of people started walking into dead zones while playing. I'm never more than 8 ft from my router while playing, and I was kicked out of the previous TW.

Yeah, I hear you man. 

just to be clear, I don't think it's a connectivity issue at the root, I think it is a cache syncing issue between the sub-modules of the game. To explain that a little bit better, I think that I can going to the Territory War page and sign up, exit out of that page and go to a different part of the game, and my client side software dumps that Territor War registration before it synchronizes with the server.

I think that in my specific instance, my intermittent conn issues might trigger the big somehow, that the slight delay of connection might make it more likely for my data to get dumped by the bug.

Dunno.

What I *do* know, is that customer support is not going to do a damn thing for you until this is recognized as a 'known issue'.

Message 76 of 89 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@GladOS-013: Hey I appreciate you communicating, knowing somebody is hearing us is somewhat comforting. But I do not appreciate being led in a loop. Pretty sure we already established that going to customer support is not a valid solution. I'm not sure why you keep recommending that? A discussion about compensation should be had right here. I for the life of me, have no idea why you, and cg seem so reluctant to give out some kind of compensation for the troubles caused by your glitch. There are many people on this board who have missed out on literally months worth of progress. At this point I dont know if you're a bot with auto replies, or you're just being sarcastic. I find both scenarios very frustrating at this point. If you are in contact with actual EA employees, you need to tell them that they need to seriously address compensating players regarding this issue asap! That is something that you could do,  that would actually be productive.

Message 77 of 89 (660 Views)

★ Guide

@WotY_72 wrote: I'm going to try signing up for the next TW from a known dead spot, and see what happens when I get back online.

Just as follow up, I tried signing up for this TW from a dead zone, but wasn't able to get signed up if my connection was flaky. It immediately popped a 'check connection' dialogue.

As soon as I got back into a good signal it let me join without any issue.

So much for that crazy theory.

Message 78 of 89 (640 Views)

Hi @ninjah9 :  I'm not attempting to lead you or anyone in a loop.  I'm just repeating what the actual EA employees keep saying - compensation does not come from these forums.  Customer Support is the place to go.  

I'm not a CG or EA employee, so I have no ability to give out compensation in-game (nor do I own any of the glitches!)   I also don't know what the escalation protocol is through Customer Support if you aren't satisfied with how they have handled your case.  

I am curious as to who has missed out on "literally months worth of progress" due to these issues.  Of all the people I've seen on these threads, there are a couple who said they have missed out on more than one Territory War, but the majority of the players are "one-offs".  

I am neither a bot, nor am I attempting to be sarcastic.  This forum serves a very specific purpose, of trying to identify bugs so EA_MindTricks and EA_HighCommand can forward that information to the development team for fixes.  I am in contact with those guys - and so are you!  They read these forums, and can see all the requests that are made here.  

Did anyone from your guild experience this issue for the current Territory War?  I was expecting a salvo of new reports, but it's been very quiet...

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Bump on this one

I have the same issue, also in the same Guild as threadstarter ( i even made his snapshots...) and now it my turn to be left out from TW while being sure i joined..

I hate missing out on TW, our guild lost one battle so far and the payouts are always welcome so is there any resolve towards this issue ?

Can i get back in, is there going to be a collective pardon towards this issue ?

( i.a.; Im talking about yesterdays signup for TW if that matters)

Message 80 of 89 (624 Views)