Re: Territory War registration dissapears

by GladOS-013

Original Post

EA Live QV Team

Hi @WotY_72. Unfortunately no update as of today. The team is still investigating.

Message 31 of 49 (453 Views)

★★ Novice

We've been fighting through the situation as well as it's finally affected me as an officer in the guild . in the last territory War a different officer was affected along with a few others. the button has been great out for months.  We have had a few guildies report it on this was as well. Seems to be getting worse and the rewards are substantial. I dont believe i have missed a login day in 2 years and this is the worst bug i have seen. Also, your 3rd party chat representative who was  "helping" me was reading off a FAQ sheet and it was a horrible experience. She said it was my android lol, then said it was my connection LOL and i am on a 1gig fios line with same issues at work wifi and on 4Glte. Please dont outsource...makes you look really bad and with the revenue generated you can afford it. I cant imagine it takes 3 months to figure this bug out. The priority is obviously getting bounty hunters released for additional revenue and our rewards and progress are affected.

Message 32 of 49 (440 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_HighCommand wrote:

Hi @WotY_72. Unfortunately no update as of today. The team is still investigating.

Seriously, @EA_HighCommand? The only reason that the cause of this issue has not been identified and fixed, is because nobody is looking at it.  If you're hoping that the problem will just go away, or that I'll stop complaining about it, you're 100% wrong.  The frustration with your live chat "support" drove me away after the first occurrence, but now that it's happened twice, I am LIVID.

As a guild officer I am responsible for motivating & leading in guild events, and you have undercut me in that role.  It sounds like @sdmeredith2002 has that same problem.  Totally unacceptable.

You don't even throw a band-aid on the wound by offering to recompense on the missed rewards, instead you rub salt in by attempting to blame the players and/or their devices.  

You need to admit that the problem is real, deal with it in a responsible manner, and then fix it.

Message 33 of 49 (430 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Hi all, please note that the TW "Join" button being grayed out is just a display issue, the button is still functional and players can still join by pressing on the "Join" button (even if it's not highlighted).
Message 34 of 49 (426 Views)

Another TW started. My officers and I policed the TW entries fastidiously. Going into the phase change, we had all 50/50. After setup phase started, we once again had 50/50.

The 1 player in my guild who's been impacted by this was documented as "not joined" for the last 12 hours leading up to it.

Not saying people aren't being dropped at phase change, but my guild is at 0% occurrence - I'm just adding this as a data point for the investigation.

I would take all these players saying they were dropped and review the server logs to see when they joined and when they "left." If each one can be confirmed as not joining ever, then it falls into the bug category that they didn't realize they could click the join button.

★ Guide

@GladOS-013 wrote:
I would take all these players saying they were dropped and review the server logs to see when they joined and when they "left." If each one can be confirmed as not joining ever, then it falls into the bug category that they didn't realize they could click the join button.

I agree 1,001% that you should review server logs for those of us that were dropped.

The greyed button nuisance is known by me & my guild, and is tolerable since there is a workaround.

Being kicked out of a TW after having signed up, and having no way to join, is intolerable.

EA/CG needs to do a better job with differentiating between these two issues, and a much better job at admitting that the second problem actually exists.  You can start by giving your support chat line employees a script that allows them to ask relevant questions, so the cause of the problem might be better determined.

Blaming the players is not excusable.

Message 36 of 49 (411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_HighCommand

I send you a message with ally Codes of two of my Guild Members who had the problem, too.

Message 37 of 49 (409 Views)
Highlighted

@WotY_72 wrote:

I agree 1,001% that you should review server logs for those of us that were dropped.

The greyed button nuisance is known by me & my guild, and is tolerable since there is a workaround.

Being kicked out of a TW after having signed up, and having no way to join, is intolerable.

EA/CG needs to do a better job with differentiating between these two issues, and a much better job at admitting that the second problem actually exists.  You can start by giving your support chat line employees a script that allows them to ask relevant questions, so the cause of the problem might be better determined.

Blaming the players is not excusable.

@WotY_72 Sorry - I am not an EA or CG employee and I have no special access.  I am just a player who enjoys helping others, and solving mysteries.  For example, on this I am reviewing all of the various reports of this across the weeks that it's being reported.  

So far there have been no documented [i.e. with a screenshot or video] cases of a player who was signed up, and was then kicked out when the phase changed to setup.  At least one player who presented their screenshots actually supported my hypothesis that the missing players are never actually being registered.  

I personally think that this graphical bug needs to be fixed ASAP - I think it's solely responsible for this bug.  However, I (and also EA_MindTricks and EA_HighCommand) can't tell the game development team which bugs to fix and in which order.  

★ Guide

@GladOS-013 wrote:

1) Sorry - I am not an EA or CG employee and I have no special access.  I am just a player who enjoys helping others, and solving mysteries. 

2) So far there have been no documented [i.e. with a screenshot or video] cases of a player who was signed up, and was then kicked out when the phase changed to setup. 

3) At least one player who presented their screenshots actually supported my hypothesis that the missing players are never actually being registered.

4) I personally think that this graphical bug needs to be fixed ASAP - I think it's solely responsible for this bug. 

5) However, I (and also EA_MindTricks and EA_HighCommand) can't tell the game development team which bugs to fix and in which order.  

1) Thank you, I appreciate that you want to help.  But...

2) I resent that I need to record all aspects of my gameplay in order for a problem to be believed.

3) That's a good catch, but could also have been resolved by asking knowledgeable questions instead of those horrid scripts that you need to wade through with the live chat agents.

4) I can live with the graphical bug; I was savvy enough with the gameplay to realize that the button should've been live, to find a workaround myself, and then educate my guild about it. When people post comments like "I think it's solely responsible for this bug" in this forum, it undermines the very real issue that I am experiencing, and you are not helping.

5) I would hope that someone who is not an EA/CG employee and has no special access would have zero-role in prioritizing bugs.  I also find it really odd that you lump yourself in the same category as @CG_MindTricks and @EA_HighCommand, as they really *should* have a role in prioritizing bugs.

Message 39 of 49 (378 Views)

@WotY_72 wrote:

2) I resent that I need to record all aspects of my gameplay in order for a problem to be believed.

3) That's a good catch, but could also have been resolved by asking knowledgeable questions instead of those horrid scripts that you need to wade through with the live chat agents.

4) I can live with the graphical bug; I was savvy enough with the gameplay to realize that the button should've been live, to find a workaround myself, and then educate my guild about it. When people post comments like "I think it's solely responsible for this bug" in this forum, it undermines the very real issue that I am experiencing, and you are not helping.

5) I would hope that someone who is not an EA/CG employee and has no special access would have zero-role in prioritizing bugs.  I also find it really odd that you lump yourself in the same category as @CG_MindTricks and @EA_HighCommand, as they really *should* have a role in prioritizing bugs.

2. You don't have to. Your recording aspects of the gameplay could provide meaningful data but you aren't obligated to provide any assistance.  They believe that you are perceiving a problem, and that's why they are investigating.  If they "didn't believe you" they would have told you it's not a problem, you're wrong, it's working as intended.  They haven't said that, so please don't perceive the messages that way.  

3.  I don't know what you're saying here.  This player didn't go to the live chat, there was no script.  He didn't register, took screenshots, now isn't in the TW, and submitted the screenshots of his "not registered" status as proof that he had actually registered.  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Joined-TW-but-not-in-TW-when-launched/m-p/7047837#M17908  There's no "catch" here, but it supports my hypothesis that a player who was 100% certain he had registered actually didn't register.  Mistakes happen.  

4.  As a scientist, I stand by my hypothesis which is currently supported by the only available data I have access to.  Right or wrong, assessing each data point and comparing it to the current hypotheses (mine and yours) is helpful, because each point will bring us closer to the truth.  

5.  I was not lumping myself in the category - I was letting you know that as a volunteer I also have no reporting capability, and then letting you know that the two employees who manage this board also do not set the bug fixing priority.  Their responsibility here is to identify and categorize bugs (or help people understand when an issue they perceive as a bug is not one).  Once bugs have been identified and flagged in the system, that is the limit of their responsibility here.  They can continue adding more reports of bugs to the system, which might increase the urgency at the development studio - but that's pretty much it.