by pugettia

Original Post

Territory War - offense - Opposing team not the one I selected

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? LG TributeHD
OS Version 6.0.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug In Territory Wars, offense phase. I select an opposing team to fight (e.g. a Phoenix squad). I assemble my squad for offense. I start the batttle. The opponents I get are not the squad I selected (when I selected the Phoenix squad, the opponents I got were a half defeated Ewok squad). Looks like it may be a race condition.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It seems to happen when there is a lot of activity in a territory. Have a bunch of other people active in the territory. Attacking, but not completing the battles. It may help to take a little time about assembling your offense squad (e.g. hand pick it by scrolling down list of characters, rather than having one pre-built). It will probably help to have several different squads set on defense (just so it is easier to notice when you get a squad other than the one you started with). It may help to have a somewhat older phone (i.e. one that isn't really fast).
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I have had this happen a couple of times (out of many territory wars).  The first time it happened, the opponent I selected had not been attacked - everyone was full health, full protection, no attacks listed.  It took me a little while to assembly my offense team.  When the battle started I was facing what appeared to be the same team I had selected, but some of them were dead, the remaining ones had turn meter, and were damaged.  This happened many months ago.  I do not believe I reported it at the time.

Today we were in a rush to finish a territory.  Lots of people attacking squads.  Defense squads were a mix.  Mostly Ewoks, but a few others.  I picked a Phoenix opponent, which had 0 battles, full protection, etc.  The adjacent defense teams were undamaged Ewok squads and another phoenix squad.  Loaded my Offense squad (from saved squad list).  When the battle started, not only was I not facing a Phoenix squad, but the remains of an Ewok squad.  (A couple of characters already dead, they had TM, damaged protection.) 

It looks like a race condition to me.  Possibly in the selection process, or maybe during the time I select my squad.

The way it should work is whatever squad was on the screen shortly before I tapped it, that is the team I face.

(The shortly before is important - the squad should have been shown on screen for a few times the human reaction time.

The computer can redraw the screen faster than I can see a change, make a decision and move my finger.  If it redraws just as I am tapping, then by the time my finger hits the screen I may be tapping something other than what was there when I initiated the tap.

It has to be actually shown, not just requested to be shown.  A slow device might take a while to actually paint something, so have to wait a little after the screen paint is done before accept a tap.)

It might be that it is allowing others to battle a team while I am selecting my offense.  (That is what I assumed was going on the first time this happened.)  If that is possible - it should warn me if the team I was going against has changed since I selected it.

The more recent example suggests the problem is deeper than that.  I got a totally different team.  There was no visual glitch as I went in to the battle (where you go to tap on something, and you realize that the screen changes while your finger is en route).

It was not that I missed the team I was aiming at - there were no partly defeated ewok teams next to the one I intended.

Message 1 of 1 (144 Views)