Territory War battle falsely registering

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Huawei Mate 20 Pro
OS Version 10.0.0.180
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 892372931
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Even with a disrupted connection or freezing game, the territory war registers the match as a loss and deactivates squad
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a territory war battle. Increase likelihood by: - worsen wifi signal - worsen ISP bandwith - switch to bad mobile connection - switch connection type while on the loading screen? Maybe?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Hungary

Even with a disrupted connection or freezing game, the territory war registers the match as a loss and deactivates squad. I just faced the issue that I wanted to go in with my stongest damned team to hit the enemy - on freaking TERRITORY WAR -, and on the loading screen I got the following message: there is an error with your connection. I pressed try again, and I got a bug asking me to restart the game. Even though the battle never loaded, and I never actually took a turn, the match was a loss (attempts: 1) and my team was used up. This just screwed with 50 people, not to mention how it pissed me off extremely. If you going to overprice a game so much, at least manage the connection problems and freaking rare PVP events properly, ffs.

Message 1 of 4 (343 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Territory War battle falsely registering

@Lazlowi Sorry to hear you had connection issues that caused the game to restart.

Unfortunately, any situation involving PvP consumes the team (or attempt) at the beginning of the match. This is by design to prevent abuse. If a squad were consumed at the end of a match, then players could start a battle and switch to airplane mode. Then if they didn't like the result, they could close their game to skip the result reporting, and get their squad back to try again.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (338 Views)

All Replies

@Lazlowi Sorry to hear you had connection issues that caused the game to restart.

Unfortunately, any situation involving PvP consumes the team (or attempt) at the beginning of the match. This is by design to prevent abuse. If a squad were consumed at the end of a match, then players could start a battle and switch to airplane mode. Then if they didn't like the result, they could close their game to skip the result reporting, and get their squad back to try again.

★★★ Newbie
@GladOS-013 Thanks, but I think you missed the part where the battle did not start, the game popped the error after I pushed the button, I did not even get to the loading screen.

I do see the point of making sure no abuse happens, this is a very valid and important function. The HOW however is not the best - please check if you can update your design.
Message 3 of 4 (304 Views)

@Lazlowi Yes, but apparently the game server received the "start battle with this squad" request even if it never showed you the battle screen. Otherwise the game wouldn't have known which characters of yours to subtract from your inventory.

I am not an EA employee, just a lowly volunteer. If you have suggestions for how the game could be improved, the Feedback section of the main forums is the best place:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/feedback-home