Territory War Match-up Appears Broken (Matching with much weaker guild by far)

by Seilore

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Territory War Match-up Appears Broken (Matching with much weaker guild by far)

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Game
OS Version Game
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 829-414-452
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug The Territory War run on 4/26-28 2019 appears to have a match up bug causing members of our squad not to get rewards or participate, and making the match-up extremely lop-sided We were lvl 10 50-59.99 total war GP 54.4 mil we won the match (StarStrike1234) 12,319 to (Team Chorizo) 2,153. We completely cleared the map and it wasn't close. Their squads were no match for ours, and they couldn't even break our first territory only clearing 11/13. Not only that it appears they had many less squads to set as they weren't even full and we were capped without some of ours even placing defenses. Normal territory wars we fill 16-18 per territory this time it was only 13. Now I don't know the overall size of their guild but just looking at this should be obvious that something didn't work right.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Review that territory war, and see why it matched us up the way it did?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country US

The Territory War run on 4/26-28 2019 appears to have a match up bug causing members of our squad not to get rewards or participate, and making the match-up extremely lop-sided We were lvl 10 50-59.99 total war GP 54.4 mil we won the match (StarStrike1234) 12,319 to (Team Chorizo) 2,153. We completely cleared the map and it wasn't close. Their squads were no match for ours, and they couldn't even break our first territory only clearing 11/13. Not only that it appears they had many less squads to set as they weren't even full and we were capped without some of ours even placing defenses. Normal territory wars we fill 16-18 per territory this time it was only 13. Now I don't know the overall size of their guild but just looking at this should be obvious that something didn't work right.

Review that territory war, and see why it matched us up the way it did?

Message 1 of 4 (356 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Territory War Match-up Appears Broken (Matching with much weaker guild by fa

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Seilore and thank you for the report.

We've checked the matchmaking and it appears to be correct.

Please keep in mind that amongst many other criteria, the GP of the participants is one factor and was pretty equal (54,405,910 vs 54,408,907).

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (329 Views)

All Replies

Re: Territory War Match-up Appears Broken (Matching with much weaker guild by fa

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Seilore and thank you for the report.

We've checked the matchmaking and it appears to be correct.

Please keep in mind that amongst many other criteria, the GP of the participants is one factor and was pretty equal (54,405,910 vs 54,408,907).

Message 2 of 4 (330 Views)

Another factor is that a quick scout of "Team Chorizo" seems to indicate that they are a very casual guild. Perhaps their members aren't interested in playing the TW, so they just join to collect their free rewards for 2nd place.

The game cannot anticipate the participation level or skill of the players in each guild, so has to use matching criteria which can be measured (such as GP).

★★★ Novice
Thank you for that reply, I do have a suggestion, however, maybe have a second matching requirement to match number of members with number of members. Per the forum, (which I posted this question there) They let me know that number of squads per territory is based on half of the total number of members who signed up on the lowest guild. Which is why it was 13, even though ours would have been 18. Therefore if GP matches which it did then have it look on number of members so it's not so lopsided? for instance 37 members would potentially pair with 34-39 members ect... or in the other guilds option their 26-27 would match with 25-29...? Is this a possibility? Thanks
Message 4 of 4 (317 Views)