Territory Battles Platoon Deployment Exploit/Bug

by stubo1888

Original Post

Re: Territory Battles Platoon Deployment Exploit/Bug

★★★ Apprentice

True! Those TB should'nt have been put in the last update. They put it in despite the fact that they new it was full of bugs! I don't understand why. They must stop those TB right now and give us some rewards for that failure.

Message 11 of 24 (613 Views)

★★★ Newbie
We also encountered this bug, several guildies, including myself, kept trying to deploy units in platoons but couldn’t , thought it was bad connection but then found out it kept adding tp. More testing revealed that it’s a big due to several ppl trying to deploy the same units.
Came here to report it but just found out it’s been reported and there’s a response from the Dev already. We never intented to exploit it, I went straight here right after we found and confirmed the bug. My ally code is 567115992.
Message 12 of 24 (599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me today on accident, too.  There were three units missing from a platoon, so I tried to fill them.  The button didn't seem to work, so I must have hit it five times.  No connection trouble at all.

It never worked, so I went back to the main screen, and saw that I was given credit for each time I hit the button and those three units were filled by someone else.

If there are "logs" that are going to be examined and I get penalized for this, I'm done with the game.  This TB seems to have enough problems that it should just be cancelled and fixed, or simply treated as an open beta.  Logging and penalizing people for a brand-new, broken TB that has so many issues doesn't seem like the right path to take.

Message 13 of 24 (598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Do I have to fear a ban if it happend accidentally? I know I (especially in phase on and two) tried to assign toons to platoons, and it didn't work (I clicked on assign 2-4 times, nothing happens). Tried again, same, went to other platoon, there I assigned normally, went back to first and everything was fine. I honestly assigned it to a network issue.
Edit: here is my ally code:
483-983-168
Message 14 of 24 (578 Views)

★★★★ Novice
As others have stated, this "exploit" did not use external cheating software or devices, it was purely a fault within the game allowing this to occur. I too am worried that this will cause a member of my guild to be punished without even having realized he was doing something wrong until after it happened. The phase had just opened, so many of us were on right away to complete the platoons, and when I tried to deploy multiple ships at once, he was doing the same thing and some of ours overlapped. When I pressed the deploy button, nothing happened on my screen, so I tapped it again, and as nothing was happening I kept tapping it. Meanwhile, he was doing the same thing on his end, neither one of us could figure out why it wasn't deploying the ships and before we knew it he had deployed an extra 2 million territory points. Please recognize that this is not something many people have been doing intentionally and don't punish anyone too severely, as we could not have possibly known what was happening until it was too late. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this!
Message 15 of 24 (557 Views)

★ Novice

I experienced this same problem on the first day of the dark side territory battles, I tried to deploy, nothing happened, the game froze and when I relaunched it had counted the same character deployed 15 times. In no way did I try to do this on purpose and I tried to report this but it won’t let me submit the ticket. 

623ADE1A-6FB0-4FCD-8C11-855358F25E86.png
Message 16 of 24 (551 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Please know the entire TOS is expected to be upheld, regardless of which one I post. However, I've added the more pertinent bullet point to the reply for clarity.

Thank you all for pointing it out Standard smile

Cheers!

Message 17 of 24 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Your solution for a bug that we can't avoid is to threat us that you will ban our accounts
Great response there EA, thank you for your support
Message 18 of 24 (432 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I agree
Message 19 of 24 (422 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
The new Dark side TB and the upcoming TW are coming to us seemingly unfinished and bugged. It's hard enough for us players just to adjust to the new content coming to us all at once. The idea of us being punished for unwillingly being 'victim' to this Platoon bug would be preposterous if it was done unfairly.
I don't know how EA plans to fix this but they need to be very careful to protect the innocent and not to punish their customers. 2 out of 50 guild members unjustly dealt with could have real repercussions for them.
Ally code 921 777 868. Bugged account.
Message 20 of 24 (400 Views)