Re: SWGOH TB combat mission losing attack option.

by EA_Grasshopper

Original Post

SWGOH TB combat mission losing attack option.

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 6s
OS Version 11.0.3
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 375-248-385
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug While playing combat missions in TB, the game will sometimes stop allowing you to attack. The ability buttons disappear but the game doesn’t freeze. The target circle is still on the enemy and you can click on other things though auto battle doesn’t do anything. This is the second time this has happened to me.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. Take a look at my screenshots and find out why the attack buttons are missing.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country U.S.A.

Screen shots show the absence of attack buttons as well as the target marker on the enemy. One of them show that auto attack can be selected but nothing happens.
07BB4820-4DA8-445F-A5CC-3F80D1A7A98E.png
564E6168-7675-43B6-841A-DD2826E6F849.png
Message 21 of 163 (1,929 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Also, if anyone knows a fix to this please let me know. This has happened to a number of my guild mates as well and we’ve tried everything from forcing a pause by exiting the game and coming back in to turning the phone to airplane mode. Nothing seems to work.
Message 22 of 163 (1,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same thing happening to me. I made a reddit thread on it with an attached gif. Still in the battle, but I don't have much hope of finishing the fight at this point. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/78huji/tb_battle_bug_still_a_thing/

Gif here... 

https://imgur.com/tWR2JCZ

For the record, my ally code is: 843-669-632 in case that helps.

Message 23 of 163 (1,916 Views)

Betreff: SWGOH TB combat mission losing attack option.

★ Novice

Same problem here.

Message 24 of 163 (1,898 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same exact problem. Happened to me two weeks in a row now. Causing entire Guild to lose all points as the only way out is force close.

Message 25 of 163 (1,884 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got the same issue it seemed to occur when the AI got confused who was counter attacking. Counter attacks were happening and then buttons for Fives' moves came up but did not work when clicked. Clicking around got the action buttons to disappear but I still could not do anything.

Message 26 of 163 (1,870 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hey @Zeke11Bx, thanks for the report. To help us investigate this issue further can you answer the following questions:

1. Was any of the characters revived prior to the ability icons disappearing: (if so which ability revived them?)

2. Prior to the issue occurring, do you recall getting a call, losing internet connection, minimizing the app or any other details which might be relevant?

3. Did you notice any of your attacks being used automatically without input from you?

4. How long was you gaming session approx.?

5. How long since you last rebooted the game?

Message 27 of 163 (1,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

@Misterdave75@troubIem4ker@1osk@Thrawn2727 and anyone else who has this issue, can you provide the following information:

1. Ally Code, Device & OS

2. Date this occurred.

3. What Game mode during which the issue occurred: (Squad Arena, Galactic War, Territory Battle – which phase, which Combat Mission, which wave, etc)

4. Complete squad composition: (who did you use as leader and what other characters did you use in your squad)

5. Was any of the characters revived prior to the ability icons disappearing: (if so which ability revived them?)

6. Prior to the issue occurring, do you recall getting a call, losing internet connection, minimizing the app or any other details which might be relevant?

7. Did you notice any of your attacks being used automatically without input from you?

8. How long was your gaming session?

9. How long since you had last rebooted the game?

10. Any screenshots or videos ?

11. Connection type: Mobile Data or WiFi

Message 28 of 163 (1,837 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for getting back to me about this issue so quickly. I hope it ends up being an easy fix for you guys.
1. No revives
2. No calls or interruption in internet.
3. No attacks were used without my initiation. None that I noticed anyways.
4. I had been playing the game for no more than 30 min as P2 of TB had just started.
5. The game couldn’t have been running in the background for longer than an hour.

Additional info: this was the light side combat mission in the top area of P2 and I believe it was my 5’s that lost the ability to attack. Someone else mentioned something similar regarding their 5’s. However, the last time this happened to me was two or three TBs ago and it was with a rebel team during the ROLO special mission in P3.

Hope that helps. Any other questions please let me know.
Message 29 of 163 (1,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

1. Ally Code: 843-669-632

2. Date: 10/24/2017 

3. Game Mode: Territory Battles, Phase 2, southern battle.

4. Complete squad composition: Phoenix squad. Hera lead with Ezra, Sabine, Kanan and Zeb

5. Was any of the characters revived? I don't believe so, but if it was it would have been from Hera's back up plan. 

6. Prior to the issue occurring, do you recall getting a call, losing internet connection, minimizing the app or any other details which might be relevant? Not to my recollection. 

7. Did you notice any of your attacks being used automatically without input from you? Not to my recollection.

8. How long was your gaming session? I keep the game on in the background often. I'm sure it was several hours.

9. How long since you had last rebooted the game? Several hours.

10. Any screenshots or videos? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORibFg31IMo&feature=youtu.be

Note it was Kanan's turn. His skills were up initially. I tried to use his protection up skill where you choose an ally, but it didn't respond. Then when I tried auto his skills disappeared.

(In the video I say you can't click on anything, but I was faced with a taunting enemy so it is possible I could have changed targets if that were not the case. Hard to tell.)

Message 30 of 163 (1,802 Views)