Terrible TW matchmaking

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Huawei P30 Pro
OS Version 10
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 382994679
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug TW matchmaking is completely wrong. opponent 300M GP over ours 140M GP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check current TW match for my guild
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Serbia

This is just ridiculous. Check screenshots.

Let's say that only 25 members of opponent guild register so that GP is similar, but in that case we should have 12 or 13 squads per territory, but not 22, which means that at least 44 of them has registered for this TW. This matchmaking is completely wrong.

Screenshot 2020-05-09 at 22.25.02.png
Screenshot 2020-05-09 at 22.27.47.png
Message 1 of 9 (655 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Terrible TW matchmaking

EA Live QV Team

Hi @ruske88 and everybody else.

We've double-checked your guilds TW matchmaking and it appears to be working as intended.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (403 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@ruske88 What are you using to pull the guild information?

II ANZGC II are a huge group of guilds all with the same name, with some tiny changes to what letters or symbols they use to make it harder to search for them and to create a uniform "logo" . I think the straight lines are lower case "L"s, not upper case "i"s in this situation.

This seems like it is a more likely match-up for you: https://swgoh.gg/g/31994/ll-anzgc-ll/

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 9 (637 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@ChristophIVthanks for feedback, this actually make sense. However I think this guild you provided is also not our opponent. I noticed that "Logo" has different color(which is the case also in my original post).

For pulling information I just google name of the guild and check ally code of any member that has swogh.gg account registered. Therefore, you might be right that I pulled wrong data.

Is there any other way to pull data of opponent guild that is different then the way I described?

Message 3 of 9 (606 Views)

@ruske88 All the logos on swgoh.gg are basic black and white outlines.

The safest bet would be to wait until the attack phase launches, make a note of several of the opposing players names, and Google search for them with "*player name* swgoh.gg". If you do that for 2/3 players they should lead to the same guild.

Let us know what the result is. If it is extreme as your initial comparison suggests the team would need to investigate.

Message 4 of 9 (602 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@ChristophIVI agree, but if you search for an ally code directly in game you can see the logo of his/hers guild. Which you can compare with one in TW, like in my screenshot. I believe that this is our opponent: https://swgoh.gg/g/55431/li-anzgc-ii/

On the other hand, waiting for attack zone to start is pretty late as we can't organize and plan defense.

Thanks again for your help!

Message 5 of 9 (592 Views)

@ruske88 it is a pain, and that's a bit part of the reason they name those guilds the way they do. Best of luck in your battles.

Message 6 of 9 (584 Views)

★ Apprentice

We also matched with this guild. We thought we got severely outmatched, until we realized there's another, smaller guild. It is same case. TW matchmaking aint saint, but aint THAT bad.

Message 7 of 9 (523 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @ruske88 and everybody else.

We've double-checked your guilds TW matchmaking and it appears to be working as intended.

Message 8 of 9 (404 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_HighCommand Thanks for feedback! As @ChristophIV already mentioned, capital "i" and lower "L" are pretty much same, and with clever naming of opponent guild, we figure out that matchmaking was pretty OK. Furthermore, we are leading currently and hope it will stay like that for few more hours Standard smile

You can close this issue. Thanks again for your feedback.

Message 9 of 9 (385 Views)