Terrain paint eraser not working

by reboot2019

Original Post

Terrain paint eraser not working

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to erase terrain paint
What happens when the bug occurs? it paints more!
What do you expect to see? ! I'd like to see it remove the paint
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Long story short, I uploaded a lot to the gallery last week and the gallery screenshot looked bad so I decided to make some changes to the lot & re upload. It's the shipwreck lot and because I had built another structure on ground level the camera was taking the screenshot from a really bad angle (Shipwreck Cove - No CC) After deleting those structures, I tried to tidy the terrain paint that I had previously placed but the eraser tool just kept dumping more sand on the lot!

I know it's not the most serious glitch, but it was a completely fresh game with no cc or mods and that sort of thing shouldn't happen.

I can send a save file if someone tells me which one - (there's only 2) slot 3 save is the last but do I also send the different versions or just that 1 save file? 

Message 1 of 8 (2,273 Views)

Re: Terrain paint eraser not working

Hero
@reboot2019 My guess is that the default terrain paint in Sulani is sand.

If you use the eraser tool in another world, do you also get sand ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,219 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi @crinrict I didn't even think to try - basically what's happening is the eraser tool is behaving like the paint tool no matter what 'material' I select. For instance it will paint grass & wildflowers instead of erasing a patch of sand.

I reuploaded the lot anyway, after removing the buildings I didn't like I just put a couple of shrubs over the terrain that I couldn't change

Message 3 of 8 (2,209 Views)

Hero
@reboot2019 I tried this and when I choose the eraser tool, it works fine.

If I then choose a different patch, it switches back to the paint tool and I have to manually choose the eraser tool again.

Everything is made sand with the eraser tool in Sulani. If I try the same lot in Willow creek, it's grass.

If it's a specific patch you can't delete, could encircle that on a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,200 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict I think it was relative to that lot because other lots in Sulani work as expected, it wasn't that I was uncovering sand by erasing my surface paint - it was literally painting when it should have been erasing. I don't know maybe I broke something while I was fiddling with the shipwreck. It's not a game breaker though and thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Message 5 of 8 (2,171 Views)

Hero
@reboot2019 And are you sure the eraser tool was still selected ? Seems to easily change to the paint tool.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (2,142 Views)

Hero
@reboot2019 Tagging to see my last question

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (2,100 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict sorry I missed your last post. Yes that lot still won't edit properly, and no I can't replicate the issue on any other lot. The paintbrush tool paints on the terrain and the eraser tool also paints on the terrain . But like I said it's not the worse bug in my game at the moment and I am begining to understand that they're unlikely to be fixed, so really not worth stressing over. Thanks anyway

Message 8 of 8 (2,049 Views)