[OPEN] [DU] [HSY] Teen that graduated early can't join E-sports or Sports Teams

by vivaciouscrayon

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] [HSY] Teen that graduated early can't join E-sports or Sports Teams

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My teen has graduated early from High School, and enrolled at Foxbury, joining the E-Sports team (they got a scholarship, so had to). After attending the first training, it just disappeared. Only Scouts and Drama club, or teen jobs, come up when I went to manually rejoin both via 'Find a Job' on the phone, or on campus at Foxbury. My Sim is at uni to pursue a career in E-Sports, so this is very annoying. Has anyone else had this problem?

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Consistently after restarting a saved game with a teen in university
What is your current game version number? Latest as of 10/08/22
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP's, All GP's except Jungle Adventure, like half of the stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Have a teen graduate high school early, apply to and get accepted into university 2) Apply for an athletics or esports scholarship 3) Get in, get the scholarship, be enrolled in activity 4) Save and exit game entirely, load into save and they won't be enrolled in the activity / able to renrolls
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is kicked out of university activity they got a scholarship for, and is unable to rejoin said activity until they age up to YA
What do you expect to see? I expect a teen sim with an esports scholarship to be able to play on the esports team, and for any teen in uni to be able to join the esports / soccer team
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I use UI cheats but have tested that this happens with no mods installed
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?  After high school years pack release

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 9 (4,409 Views)

Re: Teen can't join E-sports or Sports Teams

Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (4,401 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem... teen Graduated early from highschool, joined Foxbury Esports team with e-sports scolarship, but after I saved and exit the game, there where no options to rejoin, I lost the progress I made with the E-sports team and I can´t join.

Message 3 of 9 (4,170 Views)

Hero
@Dioskrin Since OP never came back, could you please answer questions above, thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (4,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having the same issue described above. Got two teen sims, one with an athletic scholarship

How often does the bug occur? Consistently after restarting a saved game with a teen in university
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP's, All GP's except Jungle Adventure, like half of the stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Have a teen graduate high school early, apply to and get accepted into university 2) Apply for an athletics or esports scholarship 3) Get in, get the scholarship, be enrolled in activity 4) Save and exit game entirely, load into save and they won't be enrolled in the activity / able to renrolls
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is kicked out of university activity they got a scholarship for, and is unable to rejoin said activity until they age up to YA
What do you expect to see? I expect a teen sim with an esports scholarship to be able to play on the esports team, and for any teen in uni to be able to join the esports / soccer team
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I use UI cheats but have tested that this happens with no mods installed
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?  After high school years pack release

Message 5 of 9 (3,656 Views)

E-sport

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.129.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the university and select the afterschool activites
What happens when the bug occurs? The Esport activity is not listed. Only Theater and scout
What do you expect to see? The Esport activity
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Esport afterschool activity is not listed in UNIVERSITY after you enroll.

I was able to join it when signed in on the university when I got a distinguished for Computer Science. But it vanished on my first school day.
It is not listed on the phone, computer or the stadium at the University 

Message 6 of 9 (3,232 Views)

★ Novice

Found the problem, Teens can't join the E-sport genre in afterschool activities, you have to be young adult.

Message 7 of 9 (3,206 Views)

Re: E-sport

★ Guide

E-sport activity is only available for Young Adult and older sims who are enrolled in University.
The screenshot you attached is showing afterschool activities available to Child and Teen sims. 
What life stage is your sim exactly?

Message 8 of 9 (3,207 Views)

Re: [DU] [HSY] Teen that graduated early can't join E-sports or Sports Teams

★★★ Newbie

@vivaciouscrayon wrote:

My teen has graduated early from High School, and enrolled at Foxbury, joining the E-Sports team (they got a scholarship, so had to). After attending the first training, it just disappeared. Only Scouts and Drama club, or teen jobs, come up when I went to manually rejoin both via 'Find a Job' on the phone, or on campus at Foxbury. My Sim is at uni to pursue a career in E-Sports, so this is very annoying. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

I also been having the same problem. I have triplets in college who graduated early can't join no esports. I was able to fir my sim to join a sport before I purchase high school pack. I think it's a bug try really need to fix. Reading all the commitments has me a little sad knowing my sim will not be playing soccer while in college 😔

Message 9 of 9 (2,714 Views)