Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32 GB
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.14.19 03:53
Summarize your bug I somehow team killed a friendly plane during the beginning of a round while shooting the tow able aa at an enemy. Friendly fire was off but I guess something with explosions happened and they died and I got a -100 points from it. Despite being level 50 for months it knocked me back down to level 49.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Teamkill someone while max rank.I killed a plane and I guess the pilot was bailing out of at the right time for it to go neutral.
What happens when the bug occurs? You go from rank 50 to rank 49. You can then level up to rank 50 again.
What should be happening instead? It should keep me at max rank and just deduct 100 points from my score ‌

Below is a clip of the event happening on an official server. I basically got in the tow able AA at the start of a game, started to shoot at some enemy fighters in pursuit of a friendly plane. Managed to teamkill the friendly and you can see my rank drop from 50 to 49 as I check the scoreboard. I don't think teamkills should happen when friendly fire is off, but getting demoted from it I think is more serious and game breaking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Is59trUpc

Message 1 of 5 (579 Views)

Re: Teamkill in Battlefield V Leads to Demotion of Rank

★★ Pro
@kna5041 This is actually hilarious! :D Did you not rank up to 50 again after gaining some points? This shows why everybody will start from rank 50 when the rank increase is coming. We are all litteraly a single point away from level 49.
Message 2 of 5 (563 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I ranked up to 50 again in the middle of either that match or the next. I didn't even catch I was demoted until I saw the rank 50 thing flash on the screen and looked back at the recording. 

Message 3 of 5 (539 Views)

★★ Pro
@kna5041 Well in that case I would say it is a bug in the game, but I don´t see it being "game breaking" as you stated. In the end it didn´t change anything for your account did it? Standard smile
Message 4 of 5 (529 Views)

★ Apprentice

if anything, shooting down a friendly airplane is reason enough for a demotion!!

Maybe you hit him while he dropped bombs which then exploded under his plane, which then still did dmg cause they are his bombs even though u shot them down. Giving u a teamkill. At least thats the only explaination I could come up with

Message 5 of 5 (515 Views)