Team Placement/Balance for Players Joining a Server Has Been Broken Since Launch

by StormtrooperDan

Original Post

Team Placement/Balance for Players Joining a Server Has Been Broken Since Launch

★ Guide

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug Last night I used the server browser to join our squad to a server. It was a new match and it placed us on the team with more players. I think it was 25 vs 18 when our squad connected, so to me it seems obvious the teams would have been balanced had we been placed on the other team. After a few minutes, the other team had players quit because of the imbalance; however, the worse offense is the server had added three new players to our team!!! I've seen this happen repeatedly since game launch. It isn't obvious during peak hours because the amount of new players joining a server would eventually even out the teams. But in late night, when less players are joining games, this problem painfully shows itself and kills servers.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join a server with a full squad and see where the server places you.
What happens when the bug occurs? Server is imbalanced and players quit the game.
What should be happening instead? Balanced teams.

Last night I used the server browser to join our squad to a server. It was a new match and it placed us on the team with more players. I think it was 25 vs 18 when our squad connected, so to me it seems obvious the teams would have been balanced had we been placed on the other team. After a few minutes, the other team had players quit because of the imbalance; however, the worse offense is the server had added three new players to our team!!!

I've seen this happen repeatedly since game launch. It isn't obvious during peak hours because the amount of new players joining a server would eventually even out the teams. But in late night, when less players are joining games, this problem painfully shows itself and kills servers.

Team Balance Issue

Message 1 of 1 (142 Views)