AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.08.19 23:10
Summarize your bug Team Balance failed throughout the whole game. 3 vs 17 for about half an hour!
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join a tides of war server
What happens when the bug occurs? Team Balance failed throughout the whole game. 3 vs 17 for about half an hour!
What should be happening instead? Even teams...?

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.08.19 23:10
Summarize your bug Team Balance failed throughout the whole game. 3 vs 17 for about half an hour!
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join a tides of war server
What happens when the bug occurs? Team Balance failed throughout the whole game. 3 vs 17 for about half an hour!
What should be happening instead? Even teams...?

Message 1 of 7 (507 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Team Balance fail

Community Manager

@Schnupfgrumpfer 

There's no way to switch to the other team. We've seen that mentioned here as a request in the past because it was available in past BF titles. There were some problems with that though with players switching to the winning team at the very end or loading up one side that was stacked with max ranked players. The team is aware of some unbalanced team issues though and looking to address it. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (382 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@SchnupfgrumpferIt's happening since launch i guess. A couple of months ago I joined a match and was alone squad I tried to join a squad but they were all full. I checked the scoreboard and saw that my team had 29 and the enemy team had 17. Then somebody joined my squad and the enemy team had still 17 players. It's just not fun to play like this. So many matches one team is dominating, even with equal numbers one team is steam rolling and the players of the other team are just quitting because they have no fun. Team balance is just bad and or broken.

I'm on xbox btw.

Message 2 of 7 (490 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It is no team balance mechanism in this game so there is no point complaining about it being faulty. :P Basically it was never added for some weird reason

If anything complains can (should) be made that they decided not to have any form of team balancing at all.

And I agree that the 20 vs 5 going on is stupid. Especially when the next round starts with 20 vs 5 and all new players joins the team with 20 players. lol

Shouldnt be too hard to add something that at least evens out the teams between rounds and add joining players (that are not joining a friend) to the team with least players. 

Also the reason why entire rounds can be 20 vs 5 is because the matchmaking would rather send new players to an empty server than backfill on a half full one simply becuase new players shouldnt enter in the middle of a round logic...

Message 3 of 7 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@TheLocalTrollFor some reason almost every week a squad from our platoon got switched to the enemy team when we are dominating to much i guess. It's always between rounds and luckily there is a way to switch teams on xbox. It's totally weird man.

@SchnupfgrumpferTake the new survey that recently came out. They are asking about team balance and much more. It's really good this time. 
You can find the link on Twitter, reddit or the official Battlefield 5 site.

Message 4 of 7 (435 Views)

Community Manager

@Dalmater1 wrote:

@SchnupfgrumpferTake the new survey that recently came out. They are asking about team balance and much more. It's really good this time. 
You can find the link on Twitter, reddit or the official Battlefield 5 site.

Thanks for the call out! The survey can be found here.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 7 (416 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry Thx, did it! Does anyone know why there is no simple algorithm just balancing out the number of players in the teams...? Is there even the possibility to switch to the other team, because I did not find any...
Message 6 of 7 (389 Views)

Community Manager

@Schnupfgrumpfer 

There's no way to switch to the other team. We've seen that mentioned here as a request in the past because it was available in past BF titles. There were some problems with that though with players switching to the winning team at the very end or loading up one side that was stacked with max ranked players. The team is aware of some unbalanced team issues though and looking to address it. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 7 (383 Views)