by TheValidName

Original Post

Can't Access Tea/Coffee Maker

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Weather, Parenthood, and Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I assume the same way I did, which is purchase the tea pot and try to use it. My sim says they cannot access the tea pot on the counter, but the game does not allow me to rotate the tea pot. It also will not allow me to place it on any surface other than a counter.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim says they cannot access the tea pot on the counter, but the game does not allow me to rotate the tea pot. It also will not allow me to place it on any surface other than a counter.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to make tea in the game. This is the only option we are given for making tea, so my sims are currently caffeine-less. They are not coffee-drinkers. Adding more tea pots would be great. Not only for the sake of having choices, but if one teapot is bugged at least there might be another one that works until the bugged one is fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim has the thought bubble appear above their head that indicates they cannot access the item dictated in the queue. In build/ buy mode, the tea pot remains red to indicate inability to place on any surface that isn't a counter. When I double click or hit ,/. it does not rotate whilst on a counter. Any rotation done away from objects resets when I move the tea pot to the counter.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 9 (2,761 Views)

Re: Tea Pot isn't Accessible.

Hero
@TheValidName My tea pot works great. Does it not auto-place it the correct way ? Don't think you can rotate it cause there's only one way to place it on a counter.

Does yours face the wrong way ?

Have you tested multiple houses/counters to see if the same occurs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,724 Views)

Re: Tea Pot isn't Accessible.

Hero
@TheValidName Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (2,685 Views)

Sims 4 buggy coffee pots.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.38.184.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, perfect patio stuff, awsome animal hats digital content, life of the party digital content, up all night digital content.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using a coffee pot, so far it's been all of them for me.
What happens when the bug occurs? I select brew coffee with a sim and it stands in front of the coffee pot indefinitely. After manually assigning another task and cancelling "wait for coffee to brew" it never leaves the que. Only way it finnaly leaves the que is when I reload a save (even a current save).
What do you expect to see? The "wait for coffee to brew" task leave the que when finished brewing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No video or screen shot available. 

Message 4 of 9 (2,741 Views)

Re: Sims 4 buggy coffee pots.

Hero
@D3rang3djuggalo If you test a different house to see if it's a routing issue ?

Maybe also try using a tea pot instead of a coffee pot in the same spot to see if you have the same issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (2,720 Views)

Re: Sims 4 buggy coffee pots.

★★ Pro
@D3rang3djuggalo One quick way that I've found to check if it is a routing issue, is to move counter with coffee pot out of the way and see if Sim can walk on the grid-unit where it was.
Message 6 of 9 (2,706 Views)

Sims can't drink coffee

★★★ Novice

Hello, I'm not sure when this started but whenever I tell my sims to grab a cup of coffee they say they can't. Nothing is blocking the coffee maker, I've tried it with moveobjects on and off, and it's facing the correct direction, I'm not sure what is wrong. They make the coffee with no problem which is why I'm confused.

Message 7 of 9 (2,117 Views)

Re: Sims can't drink coffee

★ Guide

@ayamekichida your issue may be because you have 2 coffee pots on the counter. You need to remove 1 of them. Also it needs to face out like the black coffee maker. The orange one is facing the wrong direction. on counter. Sim would not be able to access it.

Message 8 of 9 (2,056 Views)

Re: Sims can't drink coffee

★★★ Novice

That was me trying something out with another coffee pot. Even with one coffee pot on the counter (and I moved it to every location i could) they still won't get the coffee. Like they'll prepare it but not drink it. 

Message 9 of 9 (2,023 Views)