Same problem here. WMR headset.

Message 31 of 163 (1,198 Views)

Re: Target Selection Not Showing in VR

★★★ Novice
@CMDRExigeous same problem here. WMR headset
Message 32 of 163 (1,309 Views)

Re: Target indicator does not point to target

★★★★★ Novice
@CombatWombat410 I was going to come here and update that it started working for a few hours. Then the game crashed and the bug came back. Just like you, I also have the weird "decorative lines" in the main menu. I noticed that when the target tracking was working for me yesterday the bug in the menu wasn't around. But, when I crashed and came in the menu was messed up and the target bug was back. So, it seems the issue is also present in the menu system as well. I wish I knew what I did to make the bug go away the first time.
Message 33 of 163 (1,318 Views)

Re: Ship Target UI Off Center?

★★★★ Novice

I´m also having an issue of this kind.

When I target something, the white reticle that is supposed to follow the target is far from the target.

I´m playing on Steam with Windows Mixed Reality (Lenovo Explorer headset).

I uploaded a video showing the issue in action.

https://imgur.com/a/ZbTglnC

Message 34 of 163 (1,187 Views)

Re: Target Selection Not Showing in VR

★ Apprentice

Same.

Lenovo WMR headset.

Steam version.

As an old-timer I find it a fun challenge to go all instruments, but it's a disadvantage. All instruments doesn't get rid of the targeting square which is the only place to visually see your missle lock.

-JC

Message 35 of 163 (1,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I think I may have found a solution. Like others, I noticed that the menu system had curving lines in front of everything. Almost like the VR position is incorrect. But, resetting the VR position didn't work. I think the incorrect positioning is coming from SteamVR. This is what worked for me with an Odyssey+ and the Origin version of Squadrons:

1. Start the Mixed Reality Portal (Cliffhouse) but don't direct control to it (Win + Y so you can interact with the desktop)
  2. Start SteamVR from the Windows desktop
  3. In the SteamVR home reset your position
  4. Alt-tab back to the Windows desktop and redirect VR to the headset (Win + Y)
  5. Start Squadrons
  6. In Squadrons toggle VR

If you put on your headset and there are lines in front of the menu it didn't work. I did find that SteamVR will sometimes crash and you'll need to start over. If it does crash or these steps didn't work quit Squadrons before trying again. However, this specific sequence has worked for me multiple times. I think the key is not starting Squadrons from within VR, but to have SteamVR already started when you toggle VR from within Squadrons. For those not running a WMR headset, just start at step 2. 

Message 36 of 163 (1,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I think I experienced this today. I'm on Steam, Valve Index, dual monitors. Do you also seem to get the logo offset into your face when you're in the main menu? If so, I seem to have fixed it by changing the video settings from Fullscreen to Borderless while in VR.

Message 37 of 163 (1,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Unfortunately no amount of any of this is working for me.  When I launch the game in normal mode and then toggle VR it crashes.  And no matter what else I do the orange lines in the back ground of the opening menu are following me around as I look, and the target reticle is not hooked to the target.   I sent @Straatford87 a PM asking if he could make sure the devs are aware of this issue and add it to the known issues list.. frankly I've spent more time trying to troubleshoot the game than play it. 

@YabosMcGee wrote:

I think I may have found a solution. Like others, I noticed that the menu system had curving lines in front of everything. Almost like the VR position is incorrect. But, resetting the VR position didn't work. I think the incorrect positioning is coming from SteamVR. This is what worked for me with an Odyssey+ and the Origin version of Squadrons:

1. Start the Mixed Reality Portal (Cliffhouse) but don't direct control to it (Win + Y so you can interact with the desktop)
  2. Start SteamVR from the Windows desktop
  3. In the SteamVR home reset your position
  4. Back in the Windows desktop start Squadrons
  5. In Squadrons toggle VR

If you put on your headset and there are lines in front of the menu it didn't work. I did find that SteamVR will sometimes crash and you'll need to start over. If it does crash or these steps didn't work quit Squadrons before trying again. However, this specific sequence has worked for me multiple times. I think the key is not starting Squadrons from within VR, but to have SteamVR already started when you toggle VR from within Squadrons. For those not running a WMR headset, just start at step 2. 

Message 38 of 163 (1,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have the same problem with my Lenovo Explorer WMR set. Havent had a single VR session that doesnt have the targeting issues. Yes, you can workaround it with just flying Instruments Only but then you are seriously disadvantaged in Multiplayer, and somewhat even in single. Will try some of the suggestions here but not holding my breath.

Message 39 of 163 (1,257 Views)

★ Apprentice
@dracilcegon You might be onto something with borderless fullscreen fixing it. I have had that option set since the problem went away.
Message 40 of 163 (1,233 Views)