Target indicator does not point to target

by Kenjara

Original Post

Re: Target Selection Not Showing in VR

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue with a Samsung Odyssey+ and the Origin version of the game.

Message 21 of 163 (1,468 Views)

Re: Target indicator does not point to target

★★★★★ Novice
@Kenjara Are you saying you're launching SteamVR and then launching the game from within home space? Or, are you choosing the Launch in VR option from the 2D Steam Library? I'm running the Origin version of Squadrons, so I'm trying to figure out a way to replicate your workaround.
Message 22 of 163 (1,405 Views)

★ Apprentice

@YabosMcGee wrote:
@KenjaraAre you saying you're launching SteamVR and then launching the game from within home space? Or, are you choosing the Launch in VR option from the 2D Steam Library? I'm running the Origin version of Squadrons, so I'm trying to figure out a way to replicate your workaround.

2D Steam library.

When the game first launched on Steam it always launched in normal mode and you would have to switch to VR in-game. Soon after they added a second option when you press play on Steam to choose VR mode. I have been using that even since and not had the problem again. Not sure about launch options on Origin because although it shows in my library on there I can't interact with it. 

Message 23 of 163 (1,403 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been using that option since the beginning and it has not helped. I tried toggling in-game as well, didn't fix.

Message 24 of 163 (1,398 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same probleme here
with HP WMR headset

Message 25 of 163 (1,378 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same experience with Valve Index headset playing through steam, with the same timeline.

Played the night of lauch, ran supper smooth. And all of the targeting worked. And had a blast.

When I went to play the next day the targeting is completly off and unplayable. 

Exact same timeline too. 

Also I should note that are different now that the targeting is messed up:
1. In the main menu there are decrotive lines on the screen that seem to track supper close to the face.

2. when in the hangar/breifing the little white dot that appeared before and tracked along surfaces in this mode is gone or stationary.
3. when paused in game, if I move my head the target also now moves.... never noticed this happening before the break.

Message 26 of 163 (1,343 Views)

★★★★ Novice

HTC Vive on Steam VR. Same problem with the target indicator. I'm also having double-vision with some HUD elements and some in-menu red lines.

Message 27 of 163 (1,331 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, I am also getting double vision mainly on the tracker.

Message 28 of 163 (1,327 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried rolling back my Nvidia driver, that did not help.

Message 29 of 163 (1,305 Views)

Re: Target Selection Not Showing in VR

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Here's the full list of everything I've tried

- Resetting up Seated in Steam VR
- Setup Room Scale in Steam VR
- Removed Steam VR, reinstalled
- Removed Windows MR connector, reinstalled
- Removed WIndows MR, reinstalled
- Tried betas for both Steam VR and Win MR connectors
- Tried multiple desktop resolutions
- Tried multiple different monitors (32:9, 16:9 1600p, 16:9 1080p)
- Played via Origin Access (still uses Steam VR)
- Tried sitting in my chair backwards and re-centering my headset (that was pleasant)

- Rebooted after updating video driver
- Tried starting without SteamVR already running
- Tried LOWEST graphic quality

- Tried with several refresh rates for the desktop window

And no dice.

Message 30 of 163 (1,410 Views)