Target indicator does not point to target

by Kenjara

Original Post

Re: Target Selection Not Showing in VR

★ Apprentice

I just turned the HUD completely off in settings and am targeting using the scanner only - it's a LOT harder and really annoying but it does at least work. I just hope this is fixed soon as I've tried everything I can think of.

- Reinstall Steam VR

- Reinstall Windows MR

- Run setup for both

- Tried setting up my headset facing both directions during Steam VR

- Sat facing backwards in my chair, reset the view (nada)

So at this point it's got to be a bug somewhere given the number of players I've seen with it. That's what I get for playing a day 1 version.

Message 11 of 163 (1,718 Views)

Re: Ship Target UI Off Center?

★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well with my Valve Index. Origin version, i7 6700k, 1080 Ti. It was working just fine last night when the game launched but now the target reticle is way off the current target. It moves when I move my head around but is never actually on the ship I am supposed to follow or shoot. Basically makes the game unplayable (or at least turns it hardcore with having to use "Instruments Only").

Message 12 of 163 (1,481 Views)

Re: Target indicator does not point to target

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem also on Steam VR with an Oculus Rift. When I am pointing at my target the target indicator is pointing up and to my left. In an X-Wing, the target indicator points to that left handle thing on the frame of the cockpit when I am aiming at my target. 

Message 13 of 163 (2,010 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am on Valve Index. Here is a video I put together: https://youtu.be/jz9clOTI-04

Message 14 of 163 (1,991 Views)

Re: Ship Target UI Off Center?

★★★ Novice

Update:

Got it to work. When I restarted my PC and started Steam VR it asked me to redo the room scale setup. I also had a device update for my Index headset. After doing those and retrying the targeting was correct.

Message 15 of 163 (1,464 Views)

★★ Novice

Reverb Pro here.. same issue.

Message 16 of 163 (1,955 Views)

Re: Target Selection Not Showing in VR

★★ Novice

Reverb Pro here with the same issue.

Message 17 of 163 (1,632 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem on Lenovo Explorer W10 RTX 2080 Super Xeon E5-2690. Works fine if I hot-swap to desktop, but in VR targetting is off by about 45-90º

Message 18 of 163 (1,942 Views)

★ Apprentice

So now my online works and I have played a bit more I get the feeling this is triggered by an action perhaps changing video settings.

Every time I have launched the game directly into VR from Steam and played without messing with settings I have not had the issue.

Message 19 of 163 (1,937 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue with a Samsung Odyssey+ and the Origin version of the game.

Message 20 of 163 (1,552 Views)