Target indicator does not point to target

by Kenjara

Original Post

Re: Target indicator does not point to target

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi @Straatford87 , any update on this? I´ve tried every single solution that other users mention with no success.

Playing on Steam with a Lenovo Explorer WMR headset and a Nvidia 1080. 

Thanks!

Message 91 of 163 (980 Views)

Re: Plz fix targeting in vr

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Nothing seems to fix this for those who it affects. Widely reported, yet not in the known issues post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Target-indicator-does-not-point-to-target/m-p/9537194/highligh...

Message 92 of 163 (869 Views)

Re: Plz fix targeting in vr

★★ Novice

Same issue. No fix. I refunded and gave up. If it gets fixed I may come back?

Message 93 of 163 (848 Views)

★ Apprentice

And STILL no update on this. Well as Steam refused my refund given I've spent more than 2 hours trying to get it to work (even though I basically can't play the game) I refused the charge with my credit card company and they supported me - so F you Steam!

I do have an EA Origin Pro account so I tested there - same issue - but today I go an Oculus Quest 2 (been in a HP Reverb Pro) and guess what, it works perfectly. Zero issues as it's playing directly to the headset without using Steam VR - so, as if we didn't know, the problem is somewhere in Steam VR.

And WOW - is the game AMAZING when you can see the targeting reticle. PLEASE FIX THIS

Message 94 of 163 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

> I refused the charge with my credit card company and they supported me - so F you Steam!

Be careful with that. You might get your whole steam account locked out. If you've got a large library that would be really bad.

But yes, we *do* need some kind of further acknowledgement of this issue.

Message 95 of 163 (1,086 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@CMDRExigeous wrote:

And STILL no update on this. Well as Steam refused my refund given I've spent more than 2 hours trying to get it to work (even though I basically can't play the game) I refused the charge with my credit card company and they supported me - so F you Steam!

I do have an EA Origin Pro account so I tested there - same issue - but today I go an Oculus Quest 2 (been in a HP Reverb Pro) and guess what, it works perfectly. Zero issues as it's playing directly to the headset without using Steam VR - so, as if we didn't know, the problem is somewhere in Steam VR.

And WOW - is the game AMAZING when you can see the targeting reticle. PLEASE FIX THIS

@CMDRExigeous I will echo what @wraith_pi said. You should be careful because Valve has been known to close people's accounts over card disputes, whether it's warranted or not. When you tried to get a refund on Steam, but were denied due to being over 2 hours, was this through their automated system? If so, you can always put in another request that will require someone to manually look at it. I think the option for getting a human is phrased something like "I still have questions about the product". Considering you can't play the game due to technical issues I believe they should give this more consideration.

Message 96 of 163 (1,076 Views)

★ Apprentice

My 10 hours in game has all been spent trying to find a work around for this stupid issue or checking to see if it's been fixed after a patch. In the 2 weeks it's been out I haven't actually been playing the game.  I pre-ordered this because $40 for a game seemed like a good price but for the life of me.. I'm highly disappointed in the fact that I've supported this company at this point.. if you're going to create a product and claim it's compatible with WMR, and other VR headsets, you should probably own some WMR headsets to test them out and avoid issues like a targeting reticle not doing what it's supposed to do in WMR and other headsets.   

I bought this game because it was supposed to be an x-wing vs tie fighter experience in VR.. so far.. I've not been able to enjoy that experience.   

Lesson learned.. don't buy games from EA/Motive. 

Message 97 of 163 (1,025 Views)

★ Apprentice
@YabosMcGee wrote:

@CMDRExigeous wrote:

@CMDRExigeous I will echo what @wraith_pi said. You should be careful because Valve has been known to close people's accounts over card disputes, whether it's warranted or not. When you tried to get a refund on Steam, but were denied due to being over 2 hours, was this through their automated system? If so, you can always put in another request that will require someone to manually look at it. I think the option for getting a human is phrased something like "I still have questions about the product". Considering you can't play the game due to technical issues I believe they should give this more consideration.

Yep, I opened the ticket over and over and over, each time explaining in great detail with links to the various threads (like this and the others here) and each time I got what seemed to be an automated reply - every time. If a human is looking at it (Ive done exactly what you said) then they are just clicking some button to auto-add the response. I actually don't have many games in my account that I play anymore, that said it's a 16 year old account so if they tried to close it I would absolutely sue them over it as that would be some incredible bullsh!t. I searched around and can't find any credible instances of this and see nothing in their TOS that would allow them to do this. Given I've paid for every game in my library I don't see this being legally possible, at worse it seems they could community ban my account where I couldn't post in forums, etc. which honestly I wouldn't care about.

All that said I WANT THIS ISSUE FIXED. Simple as that - and currently I want it RECOGNIZED and on the issue list - not every thread on the subject being marked as "SOLVED" when they ARE NOT. Are you listening EA (not clue why I asked that as clearly they are not)

Message 98 of 163 (997 Views)

★ Novice

Well before latest update I had only occasionally encountered this issue and managed to get though story

Now this issue is PERSISTENT! How am I supposed to fly multiplayer now?!

Please fix it 

Message 99 of 163 (975 Views)

★★★ Novice

grabbed the update hoping for a fix - unfortunately this is still and issue for me. Oculus quest / link /Epic Games Frown 

Message 100 of 163 (938 Views)