Talon unique not triggering off of Traya unique

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? IPhone 6
OS Version 14.7.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 638223458
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug If Traya (with the omega in her unique) and talon (with her proven loyalty zeta) are both under a Darth Revan lead and a full Sith squad: - Darth Revan should gain 5 stacks of ferocity at the start of his turn - Traya dispels each stack and damages Darth Revan - Talon’s unique should trigger for each time Darth Revan was damaged (5 times) - all allies should therefore gain 25% tm I am not seeing this play out the way I expect in practice, however. Perhaps traya’s unique doesn’t deal damage in a way that trigger’s talon’s unique?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m the provided screenshot, my DR has base speed of 347 (367 after talon unique) Malak is 315 speed (335 after talon) so gaining 25% tm would put him well beyond 100% tm, but he is not at 100% tm after these abilities interact.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

See above

09BAE38E-669F-4FA2-B31C-FEC4AC76F17C.jpeg
Message 1 of 8 (529 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Talon unique not triggering off of Traya unique

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Varmint54 

Thank you for your report. We have now brought this to the attention of the team for further investigation.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (369 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

From swgoh.gg mechanics, Talon is looking for special, physical, or unmitigated damage. Traya's mechanics just say remove 5% of max health and it's tagged as 'no kill' damage.

Message 2 of 8 (481 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I saw that wording in the Swgoh.gg mechanics too, but honestly, I’m not sure what the nuances of that should be. The wording on the ability is “deals damage equal to 5% of their max health”. Removing 5% of max health sounds more like palpatines 2nd special but that’s worded as “lose 5% health” and ignores protection. 

As you can see in the screenshot, the damage hits DR’s protection and shows the amount of damage, so it seems like it’s operating more like true damage? I agree that the swgoh mechanics makes it seem like this kind of damage from Traya’s unique is in some other category that Talon doesn’t trigger off of, but then I would expect the wording of Traya’s unique ability to not include “deal damage” in it if that’s the intention. 

Message 3 of 8 (470 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Yeah, I'm just providing a likely mechanical reason as to why it's not triggering. Not really sure if CG intends this to be "damage," which should trigger Talon's unique, vs. "losing health," which would give them an out to not update the code if this would create an unintended tm loop.

Message 4 of 8 (458 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crzydroid Might be only looking for enemy damage too.

Do DoTs/Plague/Burn trigger the unique?
Message 5 of 8 (441 Views)

Hero (Retired)

According to the mechanics, no. If their intention is that only attacks trigger it, they should word it so, like they do with zombie.

Message 6 of 8 (418 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Varmint54 

Thank you for your report. We have now brought this to the attention of the team for further investigation.

Message 7 of 8 (370 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Tracked in Trello

Message 8 of 8 (276 Views)