by troshalom

Original Post

Take Photo Of/With - Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Get To Work, GT, GF, Seasons, IL, C&D, and CL. GPs: Strangerville, JA, Parenthood, DO, Spa, OR. SP: bowling, fitness, kids room, laundry day, movie hangout, 1st pet, toddler, vintage glamour, backyard, moschino. Gift: Holiday, Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a sim take a picture with a sim using either their cellphone or a camera on a stand. 2. Have a sim take a picture of sims using a camera on a stand.
What happens when the bug occurs? The interaction cancels for the sim taking the picture and the sims waiting to have their picture taken either wait a long time or it cancels.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to immediately take a picture of/with. Not wait several sim hours or for the interaction to cancel.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the massive Cottage Living Patch.

I sent a sim family on vacation. They are blended. The main sim (Juan) has two alien children from abduction and two children with his girlfriend (Brytani) who does not live with him. While on vacation it would take several sim hours to take one picture. I was never able to have Juan take a picture of Brytani and her two children together (a child and a toddler). He could only take a picture of Brytani and the child.

After the vacation I switched control to Brytani's household. Juan came over for a visit so I had Brytani take a picture of Juan and the two children (the toddler aged up to a child). Before I started recording, I had Brytani try to take a picture twice. When I started recorded she tried 21 times to take a picture, with and without mods. The only time she was successful was with the action Take Picture. She could not take a selfie with Juan using her phone. She also could not take a Picture of Juan and the two children. Nor could she take a Picture with Juan using the camera on the tripod.

Every time Brytani tried to take a picture of/with the interaction canceled. Sometimes weird icons displayed (the faded llama). Sometimes the children waited and had the buff waiting for a picture to be taken.

Before the family went on vacation (a rental in Sulani) Juan was able to take a picture of his alien toddler daughter using the camera on a tripod on 8/20/21 and when I played on 8/15/21 Juan was able to take a picture of a friend holding his alien toddler on a community retail lot as well as just taking a picture of that same sim alone after he gave her a make over.

Problems with the camera began when the family went on vacation.

I can provide the save files if needed. 

Celebrity Author Juan - save location
Slot_0000000f.save

Celebrity Author Juan NO MODS- save location
Slot_0000002c.save

Message 1 of 1 (326 Views)