TW: Zero banners awarded for winning a battle, and lost the war as a result.

by tvsfrink

Original Post

Accepted Solution

TW: Zero banners awarded for winning a battle, and lost the war as a result.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? All of them - guild-wide
OS Version 10
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 279-847-465
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Territory war, 2 fleets left. We won a battle, no banners awarded. See screenshots, one with 2 fleets left and one with 1 fleet left, banner total is unchanged. We lost the whole war due to this bug.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at the TW history?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Territory war, 2 fleets left. We won a battle, no banners awarded. See screenshots, one with 2 fleets left and one with 1 fleet left, banner total is unchanged.  We lost the whole war due to this bug.

2 fleets left.png
1 fleet left same banners.png
lost because of bug.png
Message 1 of 9 (846 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: TW: Zero banners awarded for winning a battle, and lost the war as a result.

EA Live QV Team

Hi @tvsfrink and @d6bfffe5854a3afda193d0f8b8b04343 and sorry to hear that.

This is a known bug that the team are currently working on. It's unfortunate as you mentioned because either a win or a loss would have been better than a draw where you can no longer attack the opponent as their fleet has been destroyed. Unfortunately, we cannot grand any compensation for this. Please reach out to our support team here if you wish to take this further.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (640 Views)

All Replies

Re: TW: Zero banners awarded for winning a battle, and lost the war as a result.

I was the one that had the zero banner win. I attacked when there were two enemy fleets remaining.

On my end, it was running on auto, and I killed the last ship a split second before the time ran out. In the summary at the end of the battle, it said the battle was a draw instead of a win. When I went to the territory screen immediately afterwards, it showed that fleet as defeated, but the territory log didn't mention anyone earning banners by defeating a fleet. I looked at my remaining ships available to use right after that, and the ship I used (the Malevolence) wasn't available any more.

We ultimately lost the TW by 8 points. If my battle had registered as a win and credited banners, we would have gotten at least 16 more banners. If my battle would have registered as a loss, it would have been available for others in the guild to attack and earn enough banners to win the TW. There was still around 55 minutes left, and even with 3+ attempts, a fleet win can still be up to 12 banners.

I don't know what kind of logs you keep, but please have a look for evidence of a fleet being defeated in TW without awarding any banners to the attacking team. My ally code is 255-972-145, and I finished the battle at 9:04 or 9:05 PDT. 

Even if you can't track down the specific cause, please provide some kind of make good for my guild (Schwartz Holiday Special) in recognition of the fact that this bugged battle was very likely the difference between winning and losing the TW.

Message 2 of 9 (786 Views)

I would guess that the source of the problem is probably in how the game handles things when you win a battle right at the boundary of time running out. Perhaps there's a race condition where the server calls it a win but the client calls it a timeout and doesn't bother calculating or reporting banners.

Couple other details:

-I'm using a Samsung Galaxy note 8

-My phone is running Android 9

-I'm connected to the internet via wifi

Message 3 of 9 (773 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @tvsfrink and @d6bfffe5854a3afda193d0f8b8b04343 and sorry to hear that.

This is a known bug that the team are currently working on. It's unfortunate as you mentioned because either a win or a loss would have been better than a draw where you can no longer attack the opponent as their fleet has been destroyed. Unfortunately, we cannot grand any compensation for this. Please reach out to our support team here if you wish to take this further.

Message 4 of 9 (641 Views)

★★ Apprentice

"Unfortunately, we cannot grand any compensation for this."

Can't or won't?

Message 5 of 9 (615 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried to click your link and it only brought me back to the EA Answers HQ, and eventually back to this post. Please be more specific as to where you would like us to contact to move this along further. Just saying it is a known issue and you are unwilling to do anything to make good on a failure in your game, not on the players part, is unacceptable. 

Message 6 of 9 (604 Views)

★★ Novice

Why can't you give us the rewards we earned?

Message 7 of 9 (603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

We clearly won the Territory War and all you can say is "We're sorry."

If it's a known bug then why has this not been fixed yet? I'm assuming this is not a new bug and has been known for quite a while.

We're clearly distraught from being robbed of our TW victory, those first place rewards, and the pride that goes with it. That loss was not from our doing, instead the fault was in bad code within the game. Please increase the priority of this bug, and fix the game code. 

Personally I would like to see some form of compensation to make this situation right. After looking at the gap in rewards I would think an equal gap compensation would be 850 crystals and 1 zeta to every player in the guild. If you would like, we can discuss how I arrived at these numbers, but I think this compensation is reasonable. How can we make this happen?

Message 8 of 9 (591 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@JediZayneCarrick Hey guys, try this link:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/how-to-contact-support-for-star-war...

I get how frustrating this is but I just want to clarify, Ultraslide does not have the authority to give out in-game compensation. This can only be done by EA support.
Message 9 of 9 (548 Views)