TW Match Making System is broken

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? ALL
OS Version NA
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 183-794-182
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug The match making system is broken Our last 4 have been way over our GL count by more than double.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at my guilds last 4 TW matchups
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

The match making system is broken

Our last 4 have been way over our GL count by more than double.

Please fix it!

Message 1 of 5 (325 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: TW Match Making System is broken

@acidf2012 It's my understanding that the number of GLs is not part of matchmaking. The devs have not publicized the entire algorithm, but registered GP seems to be the primary component.

Your guild is at 272M and has 11 GL. If that is below average GL for a 272M guild, then most of your matches will be against guilds who outnumber your GL count.

My guild is also at 272M, but we have 27 GL. It's entirely possible we could get paired up, and you would think it's unfair - but that's the advantage my guild has for unlocking so many more GL.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (293 Views)

All Replies

@acidf2012 It's my understanding that the number of GLs is not part of matchmaking. The devs have not publicized the entire algorithm, but registered GP seems to be the primary component.

Your guild is at 272M and has 11 GL. If that is below average GL for a 272M guild, then most of your matches will be against guilds who outnumber your GL count.

My guild is also at 272M, but we have 27 GL. It's entirely possible we could get paired up, and you would think it's unfair - but that's the advantage my guild has for unlocking so many more GL.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

But this is way over, if it's only Total GP as a metric then its broken none the less.

TWMatchIsBorken.jpg

Message 3 of 5 (288 Views)

[ Edited ]

@acidf2012 It's based on the total GP of the players who registered. So if you had all 50 register, you had 272M. If they are a 300M guild and had 45 players register, then they probably had about 272M.

Hotbot doesn't know which of the players registered, so can only give you stats on the total guild. That's why for any matchup where both guilds didn't completely sign up, those comparisons are not 100% accurate

★★ Novice

Here is a perfect example. This guild brought 41 members against our 48, but we are still utterly and completely outclassed. Zetas, Relics, Mods, pick a category, and they are tremendously better. Matchmaking based on pure GP is totally bogus. You MUST consider the average active player GP. The current matchmaking system favors the rich.

Screenshot_20200807-142616.png
Message 5 of 5 (247 Views)