Re: TU24 Kam Mission Bug - Stand Your Ground Doesnt Recover Protection

by jessica_secura

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Previously when max protection was regained by removing trample, any remaining protection prior to the trample being applied came back, now this does not happen. Hence the bug report people have submitted.

If this is how it was intended to work then you’ve essentially stealth buffed the KAM mission.

Message 11 of 30 (1,036 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Please don’t take this the wrong way…

1. Players across the game are spending hours live streaming, modded and playing this event 

2. It is a significantly challenging event that creates stress for players in the guild to succeed individually and to generate target numbers each month

3. You fixed a “bug” during an event that changes a dynamic that has been there forever, without telling anyone.

4. You decide to fix it and make the event more difficult after the largest guilds have completed their KAM runs, but the smaller guilds are just getting ramped up on a very difficult event

I am willing to bet that the fix was related to something that you observed with bad batch, but you really should tell people about this in advance and maybe not drop this kind of fix while players are attempting KAM.

Do you see an issue with this?

Message 12 of 30 (1,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It is 100% not working as intended. My Shaak Ti was hit with one attack from Reek. Then her very first turn she used Stand Your Ground. She had only taken one hit. She had not lost all her protection. She should have come back up to ~60% protection or so. This is how it has worked in the last 5 territory battles.

Unless you are telling me you changed it to work this way on purpose??? Which makes no sense. Did you really think this mission needed to be harder???

Message 13 of 30 (966 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Could you please explain why stand your ground, based on your description, functions different than other abilities that grant increases in max protection like Sith Eternal Emperor's "Sow Discord" or Emperor Palpatine's "crackling doom"? Both of those abilities increase max protection from their trigger but also grant the protection to accommodate that max protection gain. This same interaction is why if you die while fighting 501st allies while General Skywalker is sitting with no protection, the next attempt in the battle has General Skywalker with much more protection than he was left with.

Message 14 of 30 (962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_UltraSlideWait a second, are you saying that it's the developers intention to have our protection reduced by 50% even before we get our 1st turn? Even more since Trampled can't be evaded?

When someone steals you $50 and you "recover" those $50 back you don't get $50 back? Your profit is 0, I get that, but you have "recovered" your $50.

Please rethink what you are saying because it does not make any sense. The protection that was removed should be reinstated.

Message 15 of 30 (952 Views)

Think of "max protection" more like your wallet and "proctection" as the $50. SYG means you recover the wallet but the $50 is gone.

Message 16 of 30 (933 Views)

★★ Novice
@aFuriousPorpoise Still, that was not how the ability used to work since the TB was released.
If that is the intention then they should allow for the ability to be evaded or they might as well say, "at the start of battle you will lose all your protection", because you will need at least 2 stacks to kill Jango.

Ultimately, they should have announced in the Bug Fixes that Crumb posts that this has never WAI and they fixed it in this TU.
Message 17 of 30 (899 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SWGOHTrav Exactly the same experience for me!
Message 18 of 30 (889 Views)

★ Novice

This happened to me as well. I used SYG on Fives, which didn't restore any of his protection that he'd had prior to getting Trampled. Fives then died before he could sacrifice, which ended my chances of the mission. I hadn't lost this mission since last September until now.

Message 19 of 30 (860 Views)

★ Novice

Our guild streams our battles and we noticed this on numerous battles.  Really sucks as this battle only comes around once a month and is already an RNG fest.  Very disappointed as our guild wins were definitely affected by this bug.

Message 20 of 30 (811 Views)